|Find College Courses and Degrees
The finance department is considered to be the engine room of many businesses. Accountants play a key role in finance and can be instrumental in saving a company time, money and resources.
These courses will show students how to handle a wide variety of finance roles. They are suitable for anyone who wants to understand the fundamentals and practicalities of accounting. Students will learn how to get a firm grip on finances, turn financial data into useful knowledge, and use financial information in any planning or decision-making processes. They will gain the skills needed to collect and analyse information, monitor performance, and present reports to management. Graduates will also leave a course with the confidence to work effectively and independently.
These courses lead to professional accounting qualifications that coupled with a individuals skills, abilities and experience will enable them to enter what is regarded as a highly rewarding and stimulating field, which offers many opportunities to specialise.
Accountancy training courses overview
Courses are designed to teach participants as much as possible about the intricate workings of accountancy in the business world. Highly topical and specialist modules not only cover all of the main aspects of accountancy, but also the latest financial software and ways of working. The programmes are designed to give you a recognised level of knowledge that can prove to be very valuable in the business world. Through work based training that is immediately transferable to the real world you will be able to advise departments within organisations on how to maximise their efficiency, effectiveness and profitability.
These courses have high success rates and are suitable for people of different levels of ability and study.
How are accounting training courses delivered?
Both traditional and modern teaching methods are employed on courses, which are delivered through lectures, classrooms, one to one coaching or even In House Training. Some modules are available through distance learning, using on line study materials, workbooks and downloadable e-books. Teaching will be carried out via a combination of intense study, presentations, enquiry based learning, structured reflection and learning in practice.
Training providers can offer a range of customised training programs that are suitable for local, national and international markets. Learning resources incorporate activities based on real situations or projects that are relevant to your company or industry.
Students are assessed through practical tests, academic exams, skills based assignments, projects, written work and portfolios.
Friendly course tutors are always available for support and guidance as and when you need it. They will be highly knowledgeable as well as experienced professionals and their delivery is always from a practical perspective. They will be dedicated professionals who will bring with them a wealth of expertise as well as recent and relevant industry experience.
Typical subjects taught on a accounting course
- Accounting terminology
- Assets and liabilities
- Accounting for financial instruments
- Auditing fundamentals
- Break even points
- Balance sheets
- Business tax
- Business accounting
- Bank reconciliations
- Business plans
- Banking systems
- Bad debts
- Cash flow management
- Computerised book keeping
- Calculating percentages
- Capital allowances
- Corporation tax
- Cost management
- Corporate governance
- Data management
- Double entry book keeping
- Financial Markets
- Financial ratios
- Financial reporting
- Financial reporting
- Financial Performance Analysis
- Gross profit
- Improving profits
- Income and expenditure
- Ledger management
- Linking workbooks
- Profit and loss
- Partnership tax issues
- Payroll management
- Payroll Accounting Procedures
- Mathematics for accounting
- Money laundering
You will learn about
- The basic principles of accounting and bookkeeping.
- How accounting fundamentally supports a business or organisation.
- Maintaining confidentiality of financial information.
- Ethical and Professional Behaviour.
- Handling large amounts petty cash
- The mechanics of double entry book-keeping
- Accounting for PAYE.
You will learn how to
- Interpret financial statements.
- Create sales invoices.
- Check invoices for accuracy.
- Calculate depreciation.
- Prepare profit and loss accounts and balance sheets.
- Use spreadsheets forms and functions to a high standard.
- Understand company accounts.
- Write professional financial reports.
- Matching invoices to purchase orders.
- Calculate month and year end adjustment.
- Improve financial processes.
- Maximise profits and financial outcomes.
Who is an accounting training course suitable for
These courses are ideal for individuals who want to enter the accounting profession, learn more about accountancy or who are just seeking their own personal development. They are open to non-financial managers and finance professionals alike, and are a major stepping stone to becoming qualified in order to work within the finance sector.
Questions to ask an Accounting training provider
- What is the average first time pass rate.
- Do they have any testimonials from satisfied students?
- Is all of the training material i.e. books and software provided for in the fee, or do you have to purchase them separate.
- Does the price include any exams or tests that you have to sit.
- Does the price include any certificate of completion.
- Is any free support provided once you have successfully completed the course?
- The total cost of the course.
- When do you have to pay the fee, up front or half no and half later?
- When will you get your certificate.
- How long has your company been running HACCP courses?
- What type of certificate will you get at the end, can you see an example of it, and is it accredited by any trade or recognized industry body?
- Where exactly will the course be held? (this question does not apply to online or distance learning courses).
- Will you have to take an examination to pass the course, if so how many exams will you have to sit.
- If you fail a test, then can you keep retaking it until you pass, if so is there an extra charge for every time you take a test?
- What is the average pass rate of students?
- Are there any grants available for this course, or discounts for students etc?
- How many people will there be in a class?
- What resources do you provide students?
- How do I register for a course?
Accounting short courses London
Accounting and finance degree
Online accounting degree
Accountant resume examples
Accountant resume 1
Accountant resume 2
Accountant resume 3
Accounting CV examples
Accounting clerk resume
Chartered accountant CV example
Management Accountant CV template
Entry level Accounting Assistant CV template
Accounting Cover letter examples
Accounting cover letter example
Accountant cover letter example
Related finance templates
Assistant controller resume
Financial CV template
Financial controller CV sample