|Find College Courses and Degrees
With the needs of the modern business world constantly evolving, it is essential that management students obtain the specialist knowledge and expertise needed to understand both corporate and managerial issues that relate to both global national levels.
These courses are suitable for individuals who want to develop and extend any existing business management skills they have. Whilst at the same time obtaining a greater understand of the principles of effectively managing resources and staff in a variety of businesses.
A typical business programme will help you to gain an insight into the roles of a manager, from recruitment, staff retention and motivation right the way through to improving business operational performance.
This page is intended to give you a overview of
- What to expect from a business management course.
- The career benefits of enrolling on a course.
- What questions to ask of any training providers, universities or colleges (if you decide to enroll on a course).
On a more practical level this page will also give students
- Tutorials and lessons in business management techniques.
- Provide students with a list of links to highly regarded training providers and their programmes across a range of disciplines.
Typical programmes are structured to reflect the practical realities of the changing world of commerce and help you gain a insight into how organizations manage and develop their employees, resources and finance. Apart from the standard coursework, courses should also help you to explore and understand the increasingly prominent economic issues affecting the business and political affairs of the country.
On a business studies course you will learn about
Equal opportunities legislation
Training, monitoring and motivating staff.
A understanding of accounting, banking, finance and relevant aspects of law.
How to develop and apply good practice procedures throughout the business processes.
Human resource management
Accounting and finance
The legal aspects of employment
How to identify the future challenges of your business.
Plan strategically for the future.
In the majority of classroom based courses, assessment is done by a mixture of project work, essays and written examinations.
This again depends on the actual course you are applying for. For most of them you do not need any previous managerial experience, although it will be advantageous to you if you do have any.
Questions to ask a university, college or private training provider
- What is the structure of the course, it is easy to follow?
- Is all of the training material provided or will you have to buy your own.
- Is online support provided in the way of coursework and emails etc.
- How flexible is the course, can it be done part time.
- Do they organize career events or fairs where you will have a opportunity to meet leading graduate employers
The benefits of business management courses
- Help you to extend your knowledge, skills and practice.
- Set you up with essential skills and provide you with a route into management.
- Improve and develop your team building, leadership and influencing skills.
- Help you gain transferable skills in research, data analysis, IT, communication and report writing.
- Improve your earning potential
- Gain a recognized qualification
- Enable you to apply for managerial and supervisor jobs such as team leader or office manager.
Introduction to graduate fasttrack schemes
Student loan company
UCAS personal statement
University interview questions
Online business management degree
Online degree courses
Online management degree courses
More related degree links
Business studies degree courses
Business management degree
Part time MBA London
Short management courses London
Business Management courses
Business Writing courses
Business Development training
Business Intelligence training
Leadership training courses
Management training courses
Supervisor training courses
Time Management training courses
Useful CV writing links
Business consultant CV template
Business development manager CV template
Business manager CV sample
Business Analyst CV template
How to write a CV
Interview questions and answers
Management consultant CV template