120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
M: number here
Capable manager from a strong catering background with the motivation, enthusiasm and commitment to take full responsibility for the day to day management of a busy department. Possessing an ability to create seasonally inspired menus and prepare food to the highest standard of hygiene and presentation which goes beyond the expectations of diners. Having a keen commercial eye and proven track record of introducing cost saving innovation and ideas, whilst driving profit without sacrificing quality.
Looking for a suitable catering managers position with a prestigious and reputable establishment where I will have a ’hands on’ role.
CATERING MANAGER - May 2008 - Present
Responsible for the daily efficient and effective management of catering department, including food preparation, maintaining the vending machines, bar facilities and the supervision of the catering staff.
- Responsible for maintaining high standards of food hygiene.
- In charge of the food and beverage service.
- Negotiating the price of food supplies with third parties.
- Ensuring high standards of food quality from point of purchase to meal preparation, cooking and service.
- Liaising with cooks and kitchen staff on a daily basis.
- Maintaining accurate financial and administrative records.
- Organising new initiatives and planning promotions.
- Driving sales and developing new income streams.
- Involved in planning menus for the restaurant and special events.
- Advising customers on meals and beverages.
- Meeting with the restaurant owners and senior managers to discuss financial forecasts and set budgets.
- Monitoring the quality of food.
- Ordering supplies when required.
- Taking action to investigate and address all non-compliance of health and safety guidelines.
- Involved in providing advice and opinion on the introduction of new products, meals and services.
- Recruiting new staff and training them to a suitable standard.
- Dealing with customer complaints.
- Ensuring compliance with the Alcohol Licensing Act 2003.
- Responsible for the security and maintenance of the catering and dining area.
- Experience of providing the catering service for large private parties and events.
- Fully aware of current equal opportunity, anti-discriminatory and anti-oppressive practices.
- Comprehensive understanding of IT and Epos till systems.
- Good leadership and organisation skills.
- Excellent people skills to inspire catering staff.
- Track record of managing sites diligently & profitably.
- Ability to provide a safe physical working environment for catering staff, patients and visitors.
- Having a real passion for good food.
- Focused on client and customer services.
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers.
- Can stay calm in a crisis situation.
- Resolving problems on the spot.
- Effectively motivating staff to get the most out of them.
- Willing to work days, evening and weekends.
- Having an enthusiastic drive and a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Flexible to meet the demands of the business.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Evesham North College 2005 - 2008
Diploma Advanced Food Hygiene Certificate
Advanced Hygiene certificate
First Aid Certificate
Coventry North School 2003 - 2005
A levels: Maths (C) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES - Available on request.
More Catering Manager CV examples
Catering Manager CV 1
Catering Manager CV 2
Catering Manager CV 3
Catering Manager cover letter examples
Catering Manager cover letter
Catering Manager cover letter 1
Catering Manager cover letter 2
Catering Manager cover letter 3
Catering Sales Manager resume examples
Catering Sales Manager resume
Catering Sales Manager resume 1
Catering Sales Manager resume 2
Catering Sales Manager resume 3
Catering Assistant CV examples
Catering Assistant CV
Catering Assistant cover letter
Catering Assistant cover letter
Cook CV template
Entry level catering assistant resume
Management CV template examples:
Account manager CV template
Area manager CV template
Art director CV template
Bar manager CV template
Bank Manager CV template
Branch manager CV template
Brand manager CV template
Business consultant CV template
Business development manager CV template
Business manager CV template
Care manager CV template
CEO CV template
Chief executive CV template
Consultant CV template
Construction manager CV template
Contract manager CV template
Editor CV template
Events manager CV template
Facilities manager CV template
Finance director CV template
General manager CV template
Graduate Manager CV template
Graduate Management consultant CV template
Head teacher CV template
IT manager CV template
IT Project Manager CV template
Management accountant CV template
Managing director CV template
Marketing manager CV template
Office manager CV template
Operations manager CV template
Product manager CV template
Purchasing manager CV template
Restaurant manager CV template
Retail operations manager CV template
Sales Manager CV template
Service manager CV template
Site manager CV template
Supervisor CV template
Supply chain manager CV template
Team leader CV template
Warehouse manager CV template
Copyright information - Please read
© This catering manager CV template is the copyright of Dayjob Ltd August 2010. Job seekers may download and use this CV example for their own personal use to help them create their own CVs. You are most welcome to link to this page or any other page on our site. However these CVs must not be distributed or made available on other websites without our prior permission. For any questions relating to the use of this CV template please email: email@example.com.