Address line 1
Address line 2
T: 0121 638 0026
M: 0044 121 638 0026
E: mike.m@made up email.com
A highly successful chartered accountant with invaluable experience in financial reporting and accounting covering a variety of industries from start-up business, to financial management and company closures. Hands on experience of providing professional advice in strategic sectors such as financial reporting, taxation, auditing, forensic accounting, corporate finance and insolvency. Easy going by nature and able to work with all members of staff regarding finance issues to resolve problems. Presently seeking a professional and satisfying role in a reputable company.
CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT - Company name
March 2008 - present
In charge of overseen the company at a time of rapid expansion whilst at the same time as having to deal with the effects of a global recession.
- Responsible for monitoring profitability.
- Involved in the daily overseeing and management of the companies financial systems and budgets.
- Organizing and maintaining accurate company accounting records.
- Analyzing financial data and preparing financial statements and accounting information and reports for senior managers and directors and proposing recommendations.
- Investigating and dealing with financial irregularities.
- When necessary liaising with banks and other financial institutions.
- Supervising junior members of staff and trainee accountants.
- Instrumental in helping to turn around a loss making department.
- Involved in re-negotiating major agreements.
- Communicating with external outsourcing partners to implement improvements to accounting practices.
- Holding monthly meetings to review overhead reports with departmental heads.
FINANCIAL PLANNER - company name
June 2006 - March 2008
In charge of the analysis of revenue, margins and operating expenses for the company as well as forecasting and budgetary issues.
- In charge of feasibility studies on potential company investments.
- Involved in the preparation of budgets and monitoring the companies profit and loss.
- Regular monitoring of the companies investments and finances and reporting these to senior managers.
- Overseeing the preparation of tax returns and the books of accounts.
- Responsible for managing the firms payroll, stock control and credit control.
- Controlling the expenditure of the company.
- Providing advice on tax planning and VAT.
- Cash books and bank reconciliations.
- Processing and chase receipts for sales invoices.
- Responsible for journal preparation for bank , payroll, accruals , salary etc.
- In charge of Client and Supplier payments.
- Producing expense reports and investigating variances.
- A excellent understanding of the technical aspects of accounting.
- Experience of liaising with internal and external auditors.
- Extensive knowledge of Enterprise-wide Resource Planning (ERP).
- Successful at resolving accounting disparities in a firm.
- Aware of all new legislation, compliance with existing regulatory requirements.
- Good working knowledge of SAP Business 1.
- Possessing strong technical skills in both management and financial accounting and comfortable utilizing financial information systems.
- Aged debt analysis and review.
- The ability to maintain clear and accurate records.
- Being in charge of a companies entire financial operations.
- Management of financial systems.
- Chairing meetings with existing and potential clients.
- Experience of being involved in the recruitment and interview process of new staff.
- Proven ability to devise ways to increase a companies profitability and growth.
- Able to work individually with minimal supervision or as part of a team.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and control a number of projects at once.
- The ability to communicate financial issues to non financial senior management and directors.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
EDP / SAP FI/CO
Budgets / Forecasts
PREVIOUS CAREER HISTORY
||2004 - 2006
CIMA Chartered Institute of Management Accounts - 2005
REFERENCES - available on request.
Driving license: Yes
Accountant resume examples
Accountant resume 1
Accountant resume 2
Accountant resume 3
Accountant cover letter examples
Accountant cover letter 1
Accountant cover letter 2
Accountant cover letter 3
Trainee accountant CV example
Financial CV template
CV template examples
Relevant accountant CV templates:
Accounts assistant CV
Accountant cover letter example
Accounting cover letter example
Assistant accountant CV
Management accountant CV template
Online Accounting degree
Accountancy degree courses
Accounting short courses London
Accounting and finance degree
Accounting training courses