Address line 1
Address line 2
T: 0161 232 1888
M: 0766 211 2333
E: laura.s@made up email.com
A fully trained, qualified and experienced dental nurse with a professional but sympathetic approach when providing dental care to patients. Having over 2 years UK dental nursing experience working in busy clinics preventing and treating various oral-related conditions. Well presented, enthusiastic and punctual, currently looking for a suitable position in a dental practice.
DENTAL NURSE - Practice name
September 2009 - present
Responsible for providing a high standard of service to patients by dealing safely and promptly with their requirements.
- Assisting dentists and other dental care professionals in the practice.
- Careful sterilizing of dental instruments to ensure sterile conditions.
- Ensuring that the dental surgery health and safety policy is adhered to.
- Managing the clinic specialist dentist diary.
- Taking notes from dentists dictation for a patients records.
- Explaining to patients what their treatment entails.
- Working at the reception of the clinic, welcoming patients, booking them in then directing them to the waiting room.
- Making appointments and taking payments.
- Supervising trainee dental nurses.
- Administrative duties like maintaining a patients' dental record.
- Taking X-rays of patients and then using these to diagnose a patients' dental conditions.
- Making models of patients' teeth.
- Assisting dental care professionals with procedures such as filling cavities or performing root canals.
- Preparing the surgery for dental treatment.
- Using dental software package to input future appointments.
Nursing & personal
- Having excellent communication skills to reassure patients and create a friendly atmosphere in the dental clinic.
- Experience of dealing with NHS patients as well as private patients.
- Fully up to date and aware of the latest new technology and tools for dentistry.
- Able to educate patients on preventative and oral health care.
- Ability to correctly prioritize a patients condition and if necessary provide appropriate pain relief.
- Excellent decision making, communication and interpersonal skills.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Health & Safety
PREVIOUS CAREER HISTORY
|Trainee Dental Nurse
||Sparkbrook Health Centre
||2008 - 2009
NVQ level 3 in Dental Nursing
Level 3 VRQ in Dental Nursing
Certificate of Higher Education in Dental Nursing
Registered with the General Dental Council (GDC)
REFERENCES - available on request.
Driving license: Yes
Related Dental Assistant resume templates
Dental assistant resume
Dental assistant resume 1
Dental assistant resume 2
Dental assistant resume 3
CV template samples
Dentist CV template
Nurse cover letter example
Nursing CV template examples
Entry level Dental Assistant resume, ideal for a student with no work experience.
Training and academic links
Nursing degree courses