Address line 1
Address line 2
T: 0121 638 0026
M: number here
E: laura.s@made up email.com
A fully trained, qualified and experienced dental nurse with a professional but sympathetic approach when providing dental care to patients. Having over 2 years UK dental nursing experience working in busy clinics preventing and treating various oral-related conditions. Well presented, enthusiastic and punctual, currently looking for a suitable position in a dental practice.
DENTAL NURSE - Practice name
September 2009 - present
Responsible for providing a high standard of service to patients by dealing safely and promptly with their requirements.
- Assisting dentists and other dental care professionals in the practice.
- Careful sterilizing of dental instruments to ensure sterile conditions.
- Ensuring that the dental surgery health and safety policy is adhered to.
- Managing the clinic specialist dentist diary.
- Taking notes from dentists dictation for a patients records.
- Explaining to patients what their treatment entails.
- Working at the reception of the clinic, welcoming patients, booking them in then directing them to the waiting room.
- Making appointments and taking payments.
- Supervising trainee dental nurses.
- Administrative duties like maintaining a patients' dental record.
- Taking X-rays of patients and then using these to diagnose a patients' dental conditions.
- Making models of patients' teeth.
- Assisting dental care professionals with procedures such as filling cavities or performing root canals.
- Preparing the surgery for dental treatment.
- Using dental software package to input future appointments.
Nursing & personal
- Having excellent communication skills to reassure patients and create a friendly atmosphere in the dental clinic.
- Experience of dealing with NHS patients as well as private patients.
- Fully up to date and aware of the latest new technology and tools for dentistry.
- Able to educate patients on preventative and oral health care.
- Ability to correctly prioritize a patients condition and if necessary provide appropriate pain relief.
- Excellent decision making, communication and interpersonal skills.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Health & Safety
PREVIOUS CAREER HISTORY
|Trainee Dental Nurse
||Sparkbrook Health Centre
||2008 - 2009
NVQ level 3 in Dental Nursing
Level 3 VRQ in Dental Nursing
Certificate of Higher Education in Dental Nursing
Registered with the General Dental Council (GDC)
REFERENCES - available on request.
Driving license: Yes
More Dental Nurse CV examples
Dental Nurse CV 1
Dental Nurse CV 2
Dental Nurse resume example
Dental Nurse resume
Dental Assistant resume templates
Dental assistant resume
Dental assistant resume 1
Dental assistant resume 2
Dental assistant resume 3
Dental Hygienist resume examples
Dental Hygienist resume 1
Dental Hygienist resume 2
Dental Hygienist resume 3
Dental Hygiene resume
Dental Technician resume examples
Dental Technician resume 1
Dental Technician resume 2
Dental Technician resume 3
Dental Office Manager template
Dental Office Manager resume
Dental Hygiene schools in California
Dental Assistant schools in California
CV template samples
Dentist CV template
Nurse cover letter example
Nursing CV template examples
Entry level Dental Assistant resume, ideal for a student with no work experience.
Training and academic links
Nursing degree courses