|Find College Courses and Degrees
Medical Assistants perform important routine clinical and administrative duties under the direct supervision of health care professionals. They are essential to the smooth running of a clinic as well as office, and are able to make a real difference to the lives of patients. Physicians, dentists and professional nurses regularly delegate routine work to them. This page has been written to help you find the best Medical Assistant schools in Miami.
Questions to ask about a Medical Assistant course in Miami
- How long does the medical assistant program take to complete?
- What topics will I learn on the course?
- At the end of the course will the school help me to find work?
- What time do the classes start?
- What is the total cost of the course?
- How many other students will be enrolled on the course?
- Is the school accredited.
- Are credits transferable.
Questions you are likely to be asked at a Medical school interview
Interviewers want to see that you are emotionally stable, can accomplish tasks through teamwork and have excellent communication skills. They basically want to see that you are a good match for their course. Below are some typical questions that you could be asked;
- What do you think you will learn on our course?
- Why do you want to become a Medical Assistant?
- What event has made the biggest impact on your life?
- How much do you expect to earn as a Medical Assistant?
- What would you like to improve about yourself?
At a Medical Assistant school you will learn about;
- Providing support to the clinical team.
- Following prescription refill procedures.
- Taking patient vital signs.
- Promoting a culture of safety.
- Monitoring patient during and following procedures.
- Recording a patient’s medical history.
- Recognizing abnormal symptoms of patients condition.
- Interacting and communicating professionally with co-workers.
- Preparing examination rooms for patients.
- Setting up medical trays.
- Notifying physicians of a patient arrival.
- Greeting patients and escorting them to the examination room.
- Maintaining medical records.
- How to speak clearly and effectively in a variety of medical settings.
- Verifying patient information.
- Professionally answering the phone and taking accurate and complete messages.
- Assisting physicians when examining patients.
- Maintaining a safe working environment.
- Ordering medical supplies.
- Professionally addressing a patient’s queries and concerns.
- Coordinating requests for information.
- Retrieving laboratory test results and patient files.
- Applying bandages, dressings and splints.
- Providing patients with routine information related to medical treatments and procedures.
Medical Assistant curriculums will cover topics such as;
- Administering immunizations
- Basic lab procedures
- Clinical procedures
- Coding methods
- Collecting lab specimens
- Diagnostic testing
- Medical procedures
- Medical terminology
- Medical vocabulary
- Office procedures
- Scheduling appointments
- Secure information management
- Wound care
Reasons to enrol on this course
- It’s a field where you can make a real and positive difference to people’s lives.
- Superb career opportunities in a role that has a lot of responsibility.
- Wide variety of places they can work in.
- Vacancies in this sector are predicted to grow strongly in the future.
- Many career advancement opportunities through certification and additional studies.
Facts about Miami
City Population: 413,892 (2012)
Miami-Dade County population: 2.4 million people
Size: 55.27 square miles
- Miami Beach is known as America's Riviera and the Latin Hollywood.
- Has more than 15 miles of beaches.
- Boasts more than 800 parks.
- The city is made up of 35 municipalities.
Weather in Miami
Miami has a subtropical climate with virtual year-round sunshine, with the average daily temperature being about 76 degrees Fahrenheit (23 degrees Celsius).
More related schools
Medical Assistant schools in Florida
Medical Assistant schools in California
More US schools and colleges
Medical Assistant resume examples
Medical Assistant resumes
Medical Assistant resume 1
Medical Assistant resume 2
Medical Assistant resume 3
Student entry level Medical Assistant resume template
Medical Assistant cover letter examples
Medical Assistant cover letter example 1
Medical Assistant cover letter example 2
Medical Assistant cover letter example 3
Medical Assistant cover letter example 4
Medical Assistant cover letter example 5
Medical Assistant cover letter example 6
Medical Assistant cover letter example 7