|Find College Courses and Degrees
These courses will familiarise you with the concepts and features of Access and introduce you to new and innovative ways of getting the most out of Access. By the time you leave one of these courses you will have a have a very good working knowledge of MS Access and be able to use it’s most advanced features to their fullest extent.
What is Microsoft Access
Microsoft Access is very popular part of the MS Office suite and one of its most powerful applications. It is extremely versatile and can be used to quickly build powerful databases which can be used for a variety of tasks from linking simple data lists right through to creating fully functional account and invoicing systems. Users can store, analyse and manipulate data in a number of ways, as well as search for information which can produced as results, reports, or lists. With relatively little effort the databases can be linked to other MS applications. It has a powerful set of tools that are simple for new users to learn and pick up, yet sophisticated enough for experienced data managers to use to control large amounts of data.
Microsoft Access training courses overview
These courses will familiarise you with all of the main concepts and features of Access. Students will learn how to create, use and edit tables, queries, forms, reports and be shown how to create powerful interfaces that can be used to perform multiple tasks.
As a comprehensive course you will explore what a database can do, how it may be applied and what best practices to use to get the results you want. Classes go above and beyond the expectations of many students by giving them more than a simple introduction to Access. They are given a education that reflects the ever changing way that organisation's use Microsoft Access.
Learning can be done as part a traditional group classroom, closed company training, on-site in company training or on a one-to-one basis. Your instructors will be highly experienced Access trainers who will have many years of experience behind them and who will be there to show you useful tips and tricks and answer all your questions.
All levels of ability are covered, with curriculums flexible enough so they can be tailored to meet the diverse needs of individuals and companies, be they Introduction, Intermediate or Advanced levels. There are courses available for first-time users who just want to extract data from existing databases, right through to experienced users who would like to use VBA to automate their databases.
Whatever your needs you can be assured that you will gain the skills you need to succeed with one of these superb programs.
Typical subjects taught on a Microsoft Access course
- Access and Windows
- Access Tools
- Advanced File Tasks
- Advanced Queries
- Automating Access Databases
- Command Tabs
- Control Structures
- Creating Tables
- Customising Access
- Database Concepts
- Data Entry Rules
- Data Management
- Fixing Problems
- Forms & Reports
- Importing, Exporting, and Linking Data
- Multi-User Databases
- Pivoting Data
- SQL and Microsoft Access
- Table Relationships
You will learn how to
- Create an Access database.
- Plan a database.
- Switch from older Access versions to later ones.
- Perform complex queries with calculations.
- Use macros to automate tasks.
- Enhance forms.
- Create, use and edit tables.
- Create advanced queries.
- Integrate a database with the web.
- Replicate and synchronise a database.
- Create custom toolbars and menus.
- Use date criteria in your queries.
- Create Junction Tables.
- Create unmatched and duplicate queries.
- Analyze the performance of a database.
- Link tables to external data sources.
- Use a database in a network environment.
- Operate a database securely.
- Automate functions.
- Use criteria to refine query results.
- Create a Table with a Wizard.
- Create a straightforward method to view and extract information.
- Quickly and easily provide consistent reporting.
- Build a navigation system that includes customised menus and toolbars.
- Create a professional-looking interface.
You will learn about
- Parameter Queries
- Totals Queries
- Calculated Fields
- Protecting data sources.
- Working with tables and data records.
- Creating tables using the design view.
- Performing calculations in a query.
IT training courses
Microsoft training courses
Microsoft Excel training
Microsoft Office courses
IT CV templates
Microsoft Word CV template