|Find College Courses and Degrees
Good teachers are always in demand, primarily because all academic systems and educational institutions depend on them for efficiency and success.
These online courses are an ideal solution for working professionals or time constrained students who want to become certified teachers. Distance learning programs will allow them to study at a time that suits them, and will give them an opportunity to have a good balance between their learning, family life, and any work commitments.
Due to the spectacular growth of web courses taught over the Internet, there is now a growing number of accredited distance learning courses that students can enroll on. Many of these are run by recognised leaders in web based education. All of these programs can lead to formal teaching qualifications, and are a perfect solution for people already in employment who want to change careers, or for young people looking at entering the profession.
Online teaching degree overview
Technology based teaching courses are aimed at giving students a deeper understanding of modern teaching techniques. They have nationally approved and accredited curriculums, which are focused on helping you to develop the knowledge, understanding and teaching skills required to give classes in a wide range of academic settings (i.e. from teaching young children at primary school, right through to giving lectures to mature adults at colleges).
Typical modules and subjects taught on a online teaching degree
- Assessing Pupils
- Classroom Management
- Project Planning
- Pupil Development
- Pupil Management
- Special Needs Education
- Understanding Learning and Studying
Students will learn how to
- Presenting lesson in subject areas.
- Plan and organise classroom activities.
- Use educational resources effectively.
- Conduct lesson plans in accordance with nationally set curriculums.
- Maintain performance records on students.
- Establishing relationships with students.
- carry out assessments of pupils.
- Conduct class sessions.
- Adhere to all state and federal mandates in reporting sexual or physical abuse and neglect.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records, and prepare reports on children and activities. Confer with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators to maximize academic success.
- Undertake rigorous, comprehensive assessments in all subject areas.
- Analyse and monitor a pupil’s performance.
Students will learn about
- Contemporary issues in learning and teaching.
About this page
This is a resource page that will give you useful information about what you can expect to learn on an accredited online teaching degree course. It also lists links to a selection of popular and relevant online degrees that are run by established US and UK universities. We have focused on these two countries because at present most English language online courses are run by academic institutions based in the United States of America and the United Kingdom. Through the links on this page you will find out about the:
Financial aid available to students
More online degrees
Online degree courses
Related teaching links
Teaching degree courses
Short teaching courses London
Campus based degree courses
Teaching career resources
Student entry level teaching Assistant resume template
Teaching assistant cover letter
Teaching assistant CV sample
Teaching CV template
Teacher cover letter examples
Teacher cover letter
Teacher cover letter 1
Teacher cover letter 2
Teacher cover letter 3
Head Teacher cover letter
Student resume templates (over 50 free samples written for entry level positions)
Entry level resume templates
Mature student courses
Personal statement examples
University interview questions
University open days