|Find College Courses and Degrees
The demand for personal trainers is constantly growing, driven by the desire of people to become fitter and lead healthier lifestyles.
Time, cost and convenience of training are the three main factors that most students take into account when looking for a suitable personal training course. This resource pages will help you to save time and effort by providing you with everything you need to know about fitness courses on one page.
These courses are rewarding, unique, affordable and great value for money. They are a superb investment for your future, and can lead to a widely accepted qualification in what is a very respected field. Personal training is a growing industry with lots of opportunities for ambitious people. Anyone new to the industry will gain an entry level qualification that will help them to enter the fitness industry, whereas experienced professionals can benefit from a course that will reinvigorate their career aspirations.
Enrolling on a course can not only further your knowledge, it can also kick start your career in the health and fitness industry, as well as increase your employability in other non related fields. On completion of the course , you will have a qualification that will allow you to be employed in positions such as a Gym Instructor, or as a self employed Personal Trainer. You will also be taught how to establish a great reputation, gain recommendations, and build up an expanding client base.
Personal training courses overview
These are high quality accredited courses that are available through face to face or online training. They can be done through full or part time study, and will introduce students to those new ideas and concepts that are pushing the boundaries of personal training. Being student-focused, they have good pass rates, and high levels of student satisfaction.
They will help you to further your practical experience and knowledge of the fitness industry as a whole. You will be taught how to encourage people to take regular exercise and increase their physical activity. You will learn how to unlock the potential of your clients by advising them on their diet, lifestyle and devising workouts for them. As a qualified professional you will be able to mentor your clients and be able to confidently deliver personal fitness instruction to groups and individuals alike. Your ultimate aim will be the good health and well being of your clients.
Innovative learning techniques are used along with advanced teaching methods to train people of all ages, conditions and abilities. Students will receive fully comprehensive manuals and study workbooks that map out the course in detail to them. They will receive practical skills training which is above and beyond the current industry requirements. In a professional environment they will get started straight away through physical demonstrations, theory papers, case studies, fitness tests and live observations. If you don’t pass a exam first time, then not to worry as many course providers offer unlimited test re-sits.
Training centres are located for easy access and have state of the art equipment, as well as first class facilities like gym’s and swimming pools. Students will be able to get started straight away on areas that interest them and in which they are strong.
Distance learning programs are also an option. These offer unique formats and study schedules that are suitable for any lifestyle. Teaching is done through the usual online platforms like; e-learning, webinars and video lectures.
You will be taught by knowledgeable and experience tutors who will provide you with superb levels of support.
Typical subjects taught on a personal training course
- Behaviour Change
- Cardiovascular Training
- Circuit Training
- Client Management
- Clinical Nutrition
- Diabetes Management
- Exercises for Children
- First Aid
- Fitness Instructing
- Gym Instructing
- Indoor Cycling
- Injury Prevention
- Lifestyle Analysis
- Lifestyle Intervention
- Lower Back Pain
- Massage Therapy
- Motivational Coaching
- Movement Mechanics
- Muscular Strength
- Neuromuscular & Soft Tissue Mobilisation Techniques
- Obesity Management
- Outdoor Fitness Training
- Pad Work
- Personal Training
- Physical performance
- Post Natal Massage
- Remedial Therapy
- Resistance Training
- Specialist Exercises
- Sports Injury
- Sports Massage
- Sports Nutrition
- Strength Conditioning
- Stretching Exercises
- Studio Cycling
- Suspension Training
- Weight Gain
- Weight Loss
- Weight Management
- Weight Training
You will learn how to
- Plan and teach safe exercise programs.
- Train in different environments and with various equipment.
- Train to music.
- Improve sporting performance.
- Improve health and fitness
- Respond to a clients needs.
- Market and sell your Personal Training skills.
- Avoid the pitfalls in the fitness industry and build a reputation as a outstanding trainer.
- Cope with frequent and ongoing changes in training practices.
- Provide assistance with a positive and friendly attitude.
You will learn about
- Marketing yourself as a personal trainer.
- What to wear in a gym or sports environment.
- Private one to one training sessions.
- Reducing stress related disorders.
- The principles of training.
Questions to ask a personal training provider
- What is the average first time pass rate.
- Do they have any testimonials from satisfied students?
- Is all of the training material i.e. books and software provided for in the fee, or do you have to purchase them separate.
- Does the price include any exams or tests that you have to sit.
- Does the price include any certificate of completion.
- Is any free support provided once you have successfully completed the course?
- The total cost of the course.
- When do you have to pay the fee, up front or half no and half later?
- When will you get your certificate.
- How long has your company been running these courses?
- What type of certificate will you get at the end, can you see an example of it, and is it accredited by any trade or recognized industry body?
- Where exactly will the course be held? (this question does not apply to online or distance learning courses).
- Will you have to take an examination to pass the course, if so how many exams will you have to sit.
- If you fail a test, then can you keep retaking it until you pass, if so is there an extra charge for every time you take a test?
- What is the average pass rate of students?
- Are there any grants available for this course, or discounts for students etc?
- How many people will there be in a class?
- What resources do you provide students?
- How do I register for a course?
Who is a personal training course suitable for
Courses are aimed at anyone who wants to start a career in personal training or the fitness industry.
Due to the nature of the course, anyone wanting to enrol on this course should have a reasonable level of physical fitness themselves.
Fitness Instructor courses
Personal Trainer CV sample