120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
M: number here
A smart, conscientious and customer focused shop assistant with extensive experience of selling, stocking and ordering merchandise in a retail and sales operation. Able to converse in a courteous and polite manner. Always paying specific attention to detail, and having a approachable, cheerful and friendly attitude. Currently looking for a suitable shop assistant position in a exciting retail outlet that offers significant opportunities for career progression.
High Street Retail Shop
SHOP ASSISTANT - May 2008 - Present
Responsible for maximising sales and providing excellent customer care to shops customers. Constantly working to develop and increase sales under the supervision of the Shop Manager.
- Operating the tills, including cashing up and completing paper work at the start and end of shift.
- Assisting customers in the selection and purchase of items.
- Completing sales sheets at the end of the day.
- Ensuring that the shop counter is always manned.
- Processing cash and credit card transactions accurately & efficiently.
- Managing the till, taking money from customers and hanging out receipts.
- When required wrapping up purchased items for customers.
- Following policies & procedures relating to cash & stock handling.
- Checking the inventory listing with actual stock on the shop shelves and reporting and discrepancies to managers.
- Keeping merchandise orderly and neat in appearance.
- Handling customers complaints in a professional and diplomatic way.
- Keeping the shop floor clean and tidy at all times.
- Setting up promotional displays.
- Organising promotional events.
- Attending training sessions.
- Assisting with postal deliveries to customer addresses.
- Promoting the shop and its products at every opportunity.
- Daily tracking and reporting to the shop manager.
- Highlighting special promotions to customers.
- Restocking the sales areas.
- Giving expert advice to customers regarding products.
- Cleaning the shop, hovering, polishing etc.
- Moving large amounts of stock and merchandise around the shop.
- Consistently achieving sales targets.
- Complying with health and safety regulations as laid down in the store Health and safety policy.
- Hard working, self motivated and flexible.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast paced retail environment.
- A real commitment to customer service.
- An eye for stylish merchandising.
- Physically fit and have the stamina required to stand on feet all day long.
- Having specialist knowledge of the store products and merchandise.
- Knowledge of cataloging and inventory techniques.
- Friendly personality and able to engage customers.
- A strong work ethic and desire to succeed.
- Smart presentable appearance.
- Possess a polite and helpful manner.
- Confident communication skills.
- Willing to learn.
- Positive attitude.
- Confident and articulate.
- Persuasive and having good influencing skills.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Evesham North College 2005 - 2008
NVQ/SVQ Retail Operations at levels 2, 3 and 4
NVQ/SVQ Sales Delivery at Level 2
NVQ/SVQ at Visual Merchandising Level 2
Coventry North School 2003 - 2005
A levels: Math (C) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES - Available on request.
BUY THIS CV!
Get the editable MS Word version of this CV template for ONLY $4.99
You will get the;
- One page version.
- Two page version.
- Matching cover letter.
All you need to do is simply enter your personal details into the ready made text boxes and within minutes you will have an eye catching, interview winning and professional CV. The templates can be edited in any version of Microsoft Word.
Click on the link below to be taken to our secure PayPal payment page.
Once you have paid the templates will be automatically emailed to you.
This template can be used for your own personal use i.e. applying for jobs. You may edit, rewrite and send it out to job vacancies as many times as you like. However it must not be resold or used for any other commercial purposes.
More Shop Assistant templates
Shop Assistant resume 1
Shop Assistant resume 2
Shop Assistant resume 3
Shop Assistant CV
Retail CV template examples:-
Cashier CV template
Cleaner CV template
Customer services advisor CV template
Customer assistant CV template
Market research analyst CV template
Retail assistant CV template
Retail operations manager CV template
Sales assistant CV template
Security guard CV template
Security officer CV template
Store manager CV template
Visual merchandiser CV template
CV template examples
Cover letter examples
Creative CV samples
Retail CV template examples
Sales CV templates
Copyright information - Please read
© This shop assistant CV template is the copyright of Dayjob Ltd August 2010. Jobseekers may use this CV example for their own personal use to help them create their own CVs. You are most welcome to link to this page or any other page on our site. However these CVs must not be distributed or made available on other websites without our prior permission. For any questions relating to the use of this CV template please email: email@example.com.