The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
Karen can bring an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of your organisation. She has a long track record of helping people to live to their fullest, and has experience of doing this in communities, hospitals and settings such as residential care homes. As a dedicated professional she can work closely with nurses, therapists, and other clinical professionals to resolve the problems of her clients. Her key strengths lie in being able to interview service users, assess their needs and then draw up care plans for them. She has experience of working with people from different backgrounds, including those who are ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset or potentially hostile. Right now she is looking for an excellent career developmental opportunity with a company that will help her to learn, grow and develop professionally.
SOCIAL SERVICES ASSISTANT – January 2010 - present
Employers name - Coventry
Responsible for working as part of a team that helps vulnerable individuals to overcome their problems and lead full inclusive lives.
- Looking after clients who have behavioural, emotional, aggressive and suicidal behaviour.
- Relating positively, effectively and appropriately to patients, residents, families, community members and other staff.
- Conducting assessments of patients by looking into their social history, and admittance records.
- Supervising clients at meal times.Involved in the recruitment, assessment and training of junior social services staff.
- Complying with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Performing various documentation and communication duties.
- Assisting in the completion of psychosocial assessments.
- Developing relationships with patients.
- Responding to cases of children at risk of domestic abuse.
- Providing patients with information concerning their rights and obligations.
- Talking to patients with dignity and respect.
- Helping families to solve their problems.
- Participating in care planning and development meetings.
- Accurately updating patient records.
- Following infection control standards, policies and procedures.
TRAINEE ASSISTANT – May 2008 - January 2010
Employers name - Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 - May 2008
Employers name - Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to relate effectively to service users, their families, and other healthcare agencies.
- Dealing with crisis situations.
- Demonstrating respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Able to lead, train and mentor junior staff.
- Able to work in an institutional, residential and care home setting.
- Ability to function independently and in a team environment.
- An enthusiastic and energetic outlook.
- Willing, if required to work overtime, holiday and weekend hours.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Central Birmingham University – Social Work Degree 2003 - 2007
Aston College - HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.