120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
M: number here
A supply chain manager with invaluable knowledge of managing projects, resources and staff in an effective and efficient manner. Highly focused with a comprehensive understanding of logistics, procurement and the supply chain. Boasting a consistent & proven track record of successfully employing best business practices that improve efficiency, reduce operating costs whilst increasing performance, all to tight time scales and within budget.
Committed to identifying and implementing continuous improvements in the supply chain. Now looking for a new and challenging managerial position, one which will make best use of existing skills and experience and also further my personal and professional development.
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER - May 2008 - Present
Responsible for the following aspects of the supply chain: sourcing, purchasing, transport, warehousing and distribution. Also involved in identifying and implementing initiatives to reduce the overall supply chain cost base.
- Monitoring data management to keep accurate product, contract, pricing and invoicing information.
- Working closely with suppliers and customers to improve operations and reduce cost.
- Ensuring the personal safety and safe working environment of staff.
- Communicating needs & objectives to managers & key personnel in procurement, logistics & distribution.
- Negotiating contracts to reduce costs and achieve maximum efficiency.
- Providing accurate routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Accurately calculating total supply chain costs in relation to proposed new projects.
- Obtaining quotes for transportation and also making cost comparisons.
- Extensive knowledge of coordinating all of the entities involved in a supply chain.
- Knowledge of managing returns and rejections professionally & promptly with suppliers.
- Extensive experience in the strategic planning and transportation of products.
- Experience of liaising with forwarders and overseas companies to arrange collections.
- Able to negotiating rates with local contractors and also international companies.
- Planning of procurement, production, inventory control, logistics and distribution.
- Possessing creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to ensure that products are delivered in a good state and on time.
- Willingness to work unusual hours.
- Highly effective motivator with strong written and spoken communication skills.
- An ability to handle the pressures arising from having to meet deadlines and targets.
- Able to evaluate complex situations and find solutions for them.
- Having a passion for delivering excellent customer service in a cost effective way.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Operational logistics management
Supply chain solutions
Project based logistics
Warehousing & storage
Evesham University 2005 - 2008
Purchasing and Supply Foundation Degree Level 4
Coventry North College 2003 - 2005
A levels: Maths (A) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES - Available on request.
Purchase the editable MS Word version of the above template for ONLY $1.99
You will get the;
- One page version.
- Two page version.
- Matching cover letter.
All you need to do is simply copy or type your personal details into the ready made text boxes and within minutes you will have an eye catching, interview winning and professional resume. The templates can be edited in any version of Microsoft Word. Click on the link below to be taken to our secure PayPal payment page. Once you have paid the templates will be automatically emailed to you.
This template can be used for your own personal use i.e. applying for jobs. You may edit, rewrite and send it out to job vacancies as many times as you like. However it must not be resold or used for any other commercial purposes.
More Supply Chain Manager resume examples
Supply Chain Manager resume 1
Supply Chain Manager resume 2
Supply Chain Manager resume 3
Supply Chain Management resume
Online degree courses
Online supply chain management degree
Logistics manager CV
Transport manager CV
Cover letter examples
Management CV template examples
Main CV template page
Copyright information - Please read
© This supply chain manager CV template is the copyright of Dayjob Ltd August 2010. Job seekers may download and use this CV example for their own personal use to help them create their own CVs. You are most welcome to link to this page or any other page on our site. However these CVs must not be distributed or made available on other websites without our prior permission. For any questions relating to the use of this CV template please email: email@example.com.