120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
M: number here
A energetic, innovative and dynamic transport manager who has a proven track record in managing a highly commercial operation in a fast-paced environment. Experience of effectively running a successful transport function in a high pressure environment. Responsible for the transport and distribution operations and also for providing excellent standards of service, efficiency and performance through outstanding people management skills. Currently looking for a suitable transport managers opportunity to join a successful and growing business and to be part of their ongoing and continued success.
TRANSPORT MANAGER - May 2008 - Present
Leading and motivating the entire transport team and responsible for looking after 25 vehicles which run on a 24 hour basis. On call out of hours and at weekends to deal with any urgent matters.
- Responsible for getting the right products in the right quantities, to the right locations all at the right time.
- In charge of the day to day operations of the transport department.
- Efficiently managing a team of drivers and vehicles.
- Responsible for all of the dispatching, routing, and tracking of delivery vehicles.
- Dispatching complex and oversized goods to national and international destinations.
- Ensuring company compliance of all transport policies, legislation and procedures to do with tachograph and towing etc.
- Managing, monitoring and developing a team of drivers and line managers.
- Involved in strategic development and strategy making.
- Being the first point of contact for all drivers.
- Making sure that all transport fleet vehicles are properly maintained and serviced.
- Arranging for the induction and training off all new staff.
- Regularly liaising with the delivery manager to ensure a smooth running of both departments.
- Developing and nurturing customer relationships.
- Maintaining accurate administrative records.
- Giving drivers a full debrief, including tacho analysis.
- Organising vehicle checks.
- Identifying operational issues, potential problems and opportunities.
- Resolving and managing queries and complaints courteously and efficiently.
- Appraising staff performance and also taking disciplinary measures when required.
- Ensuring all site and customer objectives are achieved.
- Responsible for all H&S investigations.
- Able to operate effectively in a high volume service driven transport operation.
- Possessing a good understanding of all relevant legal compliance and fleet controls.
- Experience of Budgets and Financial controls.
- Knowledgeable in all process compliance areas including; Legislative, Productivity, Quality and Service.
- Comprehensive understanding all of areas of the supply chain.
- Full understanding of transport operational systems.
- Able to work diplomatically in a unionised environment.
- FMCG background and hold a National CPC.
- Able to multiple relationships at different levels .
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Problem solving and prioritising skills.
- Man management skills.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Strategy and planning
Evesham North University 2005 - 2008
BA (Hons) Business Management
Coventry North School 2003 - 2005
A levels: Maths (C) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES - Available on request.
Supply Chain Manager resume and CV examples
Supply Chain Manager CV
Supply Chain Manager resume 1
Supply Chain Manager resume 2
Supply Chain Manager resume 3
Supply Chain Management resume
Online degree courses
Online supply chain management degree
Logistics manager CV
Management CV template examples:
Account manager CV template
Account manager CV template example 2
Area manager CV template
Art director CV template
Bar manager CV template
Bank Manager CV template
Branch manager CV template
Brand manager CV template
Business consultant CV template
Business development manager CV template
Business manager CV template
Care manager CV template
Catering manager CV template
CEO CV template
Change manager CV template
Chief executive CV template
Consultant CV template
Construction manager CV template
Contract manager CV template
Editor CV template
Events manager CV template
Facilities manager CV template
Finance director CV template
General manager CV template
Graduate Manager CV template
Graduate Management consultant CV template
Head teacher CV template
Hotel manager CV template
IT manager CV template
IT Project Manager CV template
Management accountant CV template
Managing director CV template
Marketing manager CV template
Office manager CV template
Operations manager CV template
Procurement manager CV template
Product manager CV template
Purchasing manager CV template
Restaurant manager CV template
Retail operations manager CV template
Sales Manager CV template
Service manager CV template
Site manager CV template
Supervisor CV template
Team leader CV template
Warehouse manager CV template
More useful links
Cover letter examples
Copyright information - Please read
© This transport manager CV template is the copyright of Dayjob Ltd August 2010. Job seekers may download and use this CV example for their own personal use to help them create their own CVs. You are most welcome to link to this page or any other page on our site. However these CVs must not be distributed or made available on other websites without our prior permission. For any questions relating to the use of this CV template please email: email@example.com.