|My public sector client are looking for an SC Cleared Senior Engineering Developer to work on a secure programme.|
Gather record and document customer requirements within the UK for remote Intelligence applications and define detailed requirements including use cases, feature specifications, functional requirements and environmental requirements.
Develop and build internal and external partner relations working collaboratively to foster good relations. Working with internal business partners to resolve any issues associated with service delivery from engineering project deliverables.
Work collaboratively with the service support and infrastructure teams and non-technical user groups. Identify issues which will involve other teams and facilitate and support fault resolution and project handover.
Manage software defects, ensuring they are tracked, investigated, and corrected whether found within internal software or third-party software.
To manage the lifecycle of own projects and those of others including design, testing, change, deployment and acceptance management.
Research new technologies and equipment relevant to the business area, identifying new tools and techniques. Provide information and advice on to management on the benefits to the working practices of the department and organisation as a whole from research.
Health & Safety Management, including Risk Assessment in line with operational procedure, ensuring all team members are aware of Health and Safety requirements.
Essential Skills & Experience
- In depth working knowledge of TCP/IP protocol stack and web 2.0 technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, Python, XML, JSON, XSLT, ATOM, RSS.
- In depth knowledge and software development including C, Java and Python.
- Knowledge of Object Orientated programming and procedural programming.
- Understanding/experience working with technical standards and translating these standards into working solutions.
- Good understanding of information management.
- Good level of understanding of criminal law and UK legislation affecting Agency
- In depth knowledge of Linux operating systems including CentOS, Ubuntu or Redhat and working knowledge of current Windows server & desktops operating systems.
- Proven experience of co-ordinating IT related projects, managing software development over the full product life cycle.
- Experience of managing staff and teams and working with them to deliver technical solutions.
- Practical experience managing technical projects, applying service management principles such as ITIL.
- Experience of software quality tools and processes including user and technical documentation, version control, testing and build management.
- Experience of working collaboratively with, influencing and presenting to senior management
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds. Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd [Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards] and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.
If you are interested in this vacancy, you can either apply using the link above or contact them directly using the following details:
|Email A Friend
|If you know anyone who may be interested in this vacancy, please click here to email details to them.