Advantages of doing online courses / training
There are many courses that you can do online that will improve your skill sets and also give you qualifications that can help you advance your career. Find below a list of arguments for doing online courses.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
No travel expenses
Time savings for student.
Ideally paced students can take courses at own speed
Focus on and learn what is important to student and skip unnecessary information
Long-term retention enhanced by taking courses in 20-30 minute segments over a number of days
Students have access to courses anytime for a refresher
Can be used as a complement to ILT [as a prerequisite or in follow-up workshops].
Can track progress, launch courses, and measure learning effectiveness
Can be made easily available on the students’ workstation [with Internet access] or through Internet access at home.
Tips on doing any online courses:
1. Commit yourself to finish the course
2. Try and find some quiet time when you are relaxed and undisturbed.
3. Allocate a set amount of time for each session and do not log off until you have finished. It could be a little as 15 minutes or as long as you like.
4. In most courses there are short tests at the end of each ‘chapter’. Try and finish after a test, it
is great to end a session with a sense of achievement.
5. Do not be daunted by the imagined complexity or difficulty of the course. Every course is in
easy steps which you can re-do until you understand. You are in control. Take as long as
you need, there is no pressure.
6. Finally, do not feel that you are left to do your courses alone. Many courses include a
mentoring service. This means that if you get stuck you can ask someone any time, day or
night, seven days a week. Just log onto the specially provided messenger box and chat
with your live tutor. If your course does not include a mentor service, call us to order one.
More online training courses
Food hygiene course online
Food hygiene certificate online
Online degree courses
Online health and safety courses
Introduction to graduate fasttrack schemes
Student loan company
UCAS personal statement
University interview questions
More training links:
Health and safety training courses
Public Sector Index