Change is constantly happening all around us and can be unstoppable. It occurs in the business world because of customer demand, advances in technology, business expansion, shifting markets, a new strategy or the requirements of new legislation. It is an essential part of healthy organisational development and growth. Businesses that thrive on change, and see it as a part of their culture are more likely to be able to survive and evolve in a competitive environment.
Change management should be a high priority for companies when dealing with change and, more importantly, the impact of change. As people are key to successful change, a core skill for successful leaders is to change an employee’s mindset so that they are able to adapt to any changes in their immediate work environment.
What is Change Management
Change management is broad field that tries to positively influence the way companies and organisations deal with changes that affect them. Change in the work place is inevitable, unavoidable and essential. Virtually all long established companies do not look like they did 10 years ago. It’s also very likely that in 10 years time they will not look anything like they do today.
Change Management training courses overview
Courses deliver customised training and coaching to explore the thinking and theory behind many Change Management practices. They look at the practicalities of seeing through changes, with a particular focus on examining the impact on individuals, teams and the organisational structure as a whole.
Learning is done through a mixture of workshops, online teaching, lectures and high-quality Change Management training material. Classes include practical action learning which helps to boost learning retention and offers immediate value and practical application.
Tutors are experienced, expert trainers who will teach clear, simple and proven process to their students and do everything possible to prepare them for examinations. All teachers are fully accredited and will have extensive knowledge of Change Management methodologies.
Typical subjects taught on a Change Management course
- Business Restructuring
- Business Transformation
- Change Management Tools
- Change Management Methodology
- Change Management Research
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Cultural Change
- Training needs assessment
- Impact Analysis
- Change Theories
- IT-based process change
- Managing Reactions
- Planning Integration
- Reviewing and Feedback
- Team Dynamics
You will learn about
- The change cycle.
- Identifying the impacts that changes can have and addressing them.
- How change can affect a team’s dynamics.
- Change Management approaches and techniques.
- Dealing with resistance.
- Contemporary approaches to managing change in the workplace.
- The reasons why people tend to resist change.
- Making change management more effective.
- How different teams can maximise their contribution during the change process.
- The toolkits and checklists needed to manage changes successfully.
- How and why changes can fail.
- What factors contribute to team success.
You will learn how to
- Manage and lead change in a organisation.
- How to manage resistance to change.
- Provide help and support to those affected during times of uncertainty and upheaval.
- Create action plans.
- Understand the need for change.
- See the benefits of change.
- Discuss change with those who will be most affected by it.
- Ensure the organisational objectives of any changes are met.
- Appreciate different approaches to change management.
- Plan activities needed to address the impact of the change.
Who is a Change Management training course suitable for
It is suitable for both complete novices to this field as well as experienced professionals such as project practitioners, business change leaders and junior or senior managers.
Questions to ask a Change Management training provider
- What is the average first time pass rate.
- Do they have any testimonials from satisfied students?
- Is all of the training material i.e. books and software provided for in the fee, or do you have to purchase them separate.
- Does the price include any exams or tests that you have to sit.
- Does the price include any certificate of completion.
- Is any free support provided once you have successfully completed the course?
- The total cost of the course.
- When do you have to pay the fee, up front or half no and half later?
- When will you get your certificate.
- How long has your company been running Change Management courses?
- What type of certificate will you get at the end, can you see an example of it, and is it accredited by any trade or recognized industry body?
- Where exactly will the course be held? (this question does not apply to online or distance learning courses).
- Will you have to take an examination to pass the course, if so how many exams will you have to sit.
- If you fail a test, then can you keep retaking it until you pass, if so is there an extra charge for every time you take a test?
- What is the average pass rate of students?
- Are there any grants available for this course, or discounts for students etc?
- How many people will there be in a class?
- What resources do you provide students?
- How do I register for a course?