Communicating effectively is vital to being successful in any career or field. It’s often said that effective communication makes for effective business. Getting your message across plays an enormous part in the success or failure of your desired objectives.
These are highly personalised courses which will show students simple but powerful techniques on how to communicate with clarity and influence. They will teach you how to become a more confident, effective and dynamic communicator, and through them you will discover your preferred style of communicating. Modules cover everything from handling difficult conversations and being sensitive to other people’s body language right to using the latest technology.
You will be taught how to reduce your accent, speak with greater clarity and improve your articulation. It’s all about putting yourself in the shoes of your audience, understanding what they want to hear and then creating a message that matches what they want. A persons voice, their smile, the confident they exuded and their physical presence all combined can enhance any message.
Communication Skills training courses overview
These interactive training courses cover a wide range of subjects and are packed with up to date techniques and approaches that will show you how to inform, inspire, and motivate. Curriculums place a lot of emphasis on using win-win approaches to persuade others. They have a focus on encouraging students to carefully plan, create, manage and evaluate communication campaigns. By the end of the course you will be able to create an audience focused communication plan that’s sure to get your message heard.
Training providers are full of staff who have unparalleled expertise in developing and delivering courses in vital but often overlooked area of marketing and personal development. What you learn will help you to express yourself better, influence people more and appear more confident in front of others.
Typical subjects taught on a Communication Skills course
- Breathing and Posture
- Communications Planning
- Communication Objectives
- Communication Principles
- Conflict Resolution
- Corporate Presentations
- Crisis Communication
- Cultural Awareness and Diversity
- Customer Service
- Dress Codes
- Executive Communication
- Eye Contact
- Facial Expressions
- Holding Meetings
- Influencing People
- Interpersonal Skills
- Listening Skills
- Marketing Concepts
- Media Skills
- Mouth Muscularity
- Managing Emotions and Anger
- Press Releases
- Presentation Styles
- Public Relations
- Rate of Speech
- Received Pronunciation
- Relationship Building
- Understanding your Audience
- Voice Training
- Working With Others
- Writing Reports
You will learn how to
- Speak with more confidence.
- Make an immediate impression.
- Make effective and attention-grabbing presentations.
- Get the measure of your audience and their needs.
- Avoid producing an effect that is the exact opposite of the one you had intended.
- Market your message.
- Breathe properly so that it does not affect your speech.
- Plan what to say.
- Develop a more expressive tone of voice.
- Identify appropriate degrees of disclosure.
- Overcome accents.
- Steer conversations and influence people.
- Overcome cross cultural barriers.
- Identify verbal and nonverbal cues.
- Avoid misunderstandings.
- Dandle difficult people.
- Deliver difficult messages.
- Analyse and utilise body language to your advantage.
You will learn about
- How your target audience wants to receive its information.
- Contacting the right person.
- Tongue position when speaking.
- Communicating effectively using concise, simple and direct language.
- Identifying things that are stopping your from communicating effectively.
- One way and two communication.
- Controlling your emotions.
- Providing effective feedback.
- Communicating under pressure.
Courses can be delivered at a dedicated training centre or at your place of work or at other venues. Classes are lively, funny and tend to have a relaxed atmosphere where students can bounce ideas of each other as well as their tutors. Modules utilise current evidence, best practice and evidence-based training methods to address specific issues. You will be encouraged to experiment and choose from a whole range of tools and techniques to find one that fits your personal style.
Students will be put to the test working both individually and in small groups on a variety of vocal and practical exercises. This can include interactive discussions, role plays and drama sessions, all of which combined will help to maximise your learning experience.
Programmes are delivered by tutors who are leaders in their field, and who will do their best to ensure that you get the most out of a class and learn everything you need to know about this amazing subject.
Who is a Communication Skills training course suitable for
Courses are ideal for anyone who wants to strengthen their communication and collaboration skills and work confidently with others. They are ideal for everyone be they a student, professional or manager, who feel that something is stopping them form communicating properly.
Related career resources
Public relations CV template