Address line 1
Address line 2
T: 0121 638 0026
M: 0044 121 638 0026
A forward thinking and much experienced academic administrator, possessing drive, ambition and ability. Having a broad knowledge of organising, managing and supporting the day to day activities required for running an educational institution. Flexible with strong team-working skills, able to work individually or as part of a group. Involved in a wide variety of tasks in areas such as admissions, resource planning and recruitment. Excellent organisational skills gained through all-round administrative experience, now looking for a opportunity for personal development and career progression with a reputable academic organisation.
ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATOR University of London
June 2009 Present
Involved in the maintenance and supervision of the University. Providing administrative support on a daily basis to the students, Heads of Group, academic and research staff.
- Helping in writing up of policies and procedures and also critical reports.
- Organising workshops, seminars, cross-institutional networks and training programmes.
- Giving specialist administrative support and advice or guidance to students.
- Assisting with marketing activities.
- Dealing with complaints and enquiries.
- Regularly liaising with government and regulatory bodies.
- Meeting face-to-face with students to give guidance.
- Answering and dealing with telephone enquiries.
- Ensuring that the company website is up to date with the latest information.
- Preparing agendas and writing up minutes.
- Re-solving maintenance issues and arranging routine maintenance.
EDUCATION ADMINISTRATOR Lambeth College
September 2007 June 2009
Responsible for a range of administrative and secretarial duties, including maintaining accurate training records and files, providing support for committee meetings. Also providing administrative support to an academic team of lecturers, tutors or teachers.
- Helped to organise examinations and assessments.
- Gathered data and statistics to prepare reports for senior managers.
- Providing general administrative support and be responsible for servicing and coordinating committees.
- Was responsible for purchasing office equipment.
- Involved in practical planning and delivery of courses.
- Was responsible for coordinating small projects.
- Processing of all suppliers invoices.
- Raising invoices and credit notes.
- Experience of undergraduate and post graduate admissions and administrative work.
- Providing dedicated support to the academic staff across a range of activities like teaching programme administration and discipline-level organisation.
- Ensuring that examination papers are drafted within the appropriate timescales.
- Experience of working in a busy environment.
- Flexible and able to adapt to the changing demands of a job.
- Ability to work efficiently and with minimal supervision.
- Effectively organising and prioritising work duties.
- In depth knowledge of course evaluation and course approval procedures.
- Maintaining and awareness of developments in academic regulation and best practice.
- Able to effectively co-operate with colleagues to ensure goals and targets are met.
- Helping to promote a strong sense of community among its diverse student and staff population.
- Maintaining good working relationships with sub-contractors.
- Having the ability to deal positively with changing circumstances.
KEY COMPENTENCIES AND SKILLS
Peterborough College - HND 2004 - 2006
REFERENCES - available on request.
Driving license: Yes
Languages: English, French
Academic cover letter examples
Academic cover letter
Academic Advisor cover letter
Academic Coordinator cover letter
Academic Counselor cover letter
Academic CV and resume examples
Administrator cover letter examples
Administrator cover letter
Administrator cover letter 1
Administrator cover letter 2
Administrator cover letter 3
Administrator resume examples and career advice
Office Administrator resume templates
Legal cashier / Administrator jobs
Database Administrator training
Related template links:
Cover letter examples
Administrative assistant CV template
Clerical Officer CV template
Company secretary CV template
Data entry CV template
Document controller CV template
English teacher CV template
Head teacher CV template
Housing officer CV template
HR advisor CV template
Human resources officer CV template
Lecturer CV template
Legal assistant CV template
Legal secretary CV template
Library assistant CV template
Maths teacher CV template
Medical secretary CV template
Office junior CV template
Office manager CV template
Personal assistant CV template
Receptionist CV template
Trainee Administrator CV template
Copyright information - Please read
© This academic administrator CV template is the copyright of Dayjob Ltd August 2010. Job seekers may use this CV example for their own personal use to help them create their own CVs. You are most welcome to link to this page or any other page on our site. However these curriculum vitae's must not be distributed or made available on other websites without our prior permission. For any questions relating to the use of this academic administrator CV template please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.