Business helps to drive economies, and Administration lies at the heart of every organisation.
There are few careers where knowledge of both of these fields would not be useful. A grasp of the key business disciplines will mark you out as a valuable asset to any ambitious company. Effective administration is essential to the smooth running and productivity of any business. There’s also much more to business and administration than you might first imagine.
Business Administration training course overview
These courses are an excellent start for anyone looking to go on to further education, expand their knowledge or improve their job prospects. As they are fully comprehensive, no prior knowledge is required before enrolling on one.
Being intellectually and materially rewarding they will empower you with nationally-recognised qualifications, which in turn can lead to rich, diverse and financially rewarding careers. They are value for money programmes that will help you to advance towards your goals.
Flexible and convenient they require you to take a number of compulsory modules, however they also allow you to choose some of your own. Curriculums combine classroom based lessons with lectures, presentations by specialist speakers, practical demonstrations, and visits to companies to see the real world of business in action. Course syllabuses are planned in consultation with employers, while many of teachers themselves come from the business community and still maintain links with their industries.
You will be able to deepen your knowledge in areas of specialisation such as collecting data, defining problems, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions. Apart from this you will also learn about core competencies such as professionally communicating with work colleagues and writing memos, reports, and correspondence that conforms to the highest standards.
Typical subjects taught on a Business Administration course
- Budget Management
- Business Operations
- Business Terminology
- Customer Relations
- Diary Management
- Document Management
- Human Resources
- Introduction to Business Administration
- Managing Information
- Organisational Behaviour
- Project Administration
- Project Management
- Risk Assessments
- Sales Management
- Strategic Planning
You will learn how to
- Analyse complex business situations.
- Understand profit and loss accounts and balance sheets.
- Interpret financial information.
- Plan, organise and chair meetings.
- Quickly read, interpret and analyse regulations and other documents.
- Find ways to save your business or employer money.
- Increase productivity and performance.
- Produce Documents in a Business Environment
- Write up and then deliver a presentation.
- Perform routine and non-routine administrative.
- Prioritise and organise workloads.
- Organise, produce and maintain accurate records.
- Have a methodical and thorough approach to work.
- Develop business procedures and workflows to promote maximum efficiency.
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Administer all aspects of accounts payable.
You will learn about
- The importance of working effectively with individuals of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Recruiting and training staff.
- Improving your planning and organisational skills.
- Promoting and encouraging a positive business development culture.
A wide range of learning methods is used to teach this subject. Classes tend to have a cross section of the community, meaning you will benefit from a rich blend of academic, social and cultural influences. Lectures are supplemented with in-depth seminars in which students have an opportunity to analysis, discuss and argue over key subject. Delegates will have access to online student portals, where they can browse Internet resources, libraries and also interact with other students.
Students will receive a high level of individual attention from their tutors who will always be there to help them with their course work and any questions they may have. Teachers have a vast amount of experience and contacts both of which will be used to help you gain the knowledge and qualities to go far in any type of organisation.
Delegates also have the option of enrolling on a NVQ course, however for these you may need to be employed and sponsored by your employer or be doing voluntary work or a work placement.
Business Administration Careers
One of reasons why this course is so popular is because it can do wonders for your employment prospects. It will give you a solid foundation to become a high flyer in any industry. It’s a starting point for entry and success in disciplines such as HR, Law, Marketing, Finance, Customer Service and of course Management. These courses have launched many successful careers in both private and public sector organisations.
It’s worth noting that many training providers have close links to prospective employers, a potentially valuable source of introductions to Hiring Managers and decision makers.
Online Business Administration courses