|Find College Courses and Degrees
People study and complete training courses to improve their career prospects. They are not just for young students or graduates. Even if you are already in a job having more certificates and qualifications under your belt can help with promotion to more lucrative positions.
Have a clear idea of what you want to achieve by gaining a qualification or new skill set. For career based training you should focus on valuable courses that are related to your job or industry and that emphasize knowledge, skill and understanding.
Places to train or learn:
- A employers in house training courses.
- Local colleges of universities.
- Accredited distance learning, mail order or Internet.
- Private training providers.
- Learn direct or other Government funded initiatives.
Getting on a career based training course is not as difficult as say enrolling for a degree course.
Decide and write down in detail what you want to achieve from any career based training.
Research which courses are available that will give you’re the qualification or skills that you want.
Find out which accredited colleges or training providers provide the courses you are after. Finding the right college or university or private training provider that runs suitable training courses can take time. Make sure the training provider is an accredited and registered organization. Some private companies may give you a completion certificate that is not recognized or highly regarded.
Recognized examination and awarding boards:
- Foundation, Access and Bridging courses - these are training courses designed for those people who do not have traditional qualifications.
- BTEC First Certificate/Diploma
- City and Guilds
- London Chamber of Commerce in Industry
- BTEC National Certificate/Diploma
- Higher National Certificate/Diploma
More training links
Business management courses
Driving instructor training
First aid training courses
Health and safety training courses
HGV training courses
Locksmith training courses
PRINCE2 training courses
Security guard training courses
Social worker training
Criminology degree courses
Psychology degree courses
More career related links
Choosing a career
Explaining career gaps