|Find College Courses and Degrees
Childcare is a broad subject that covers a wide number of areas related to working with children.
These courses meet the needs of both individual staff members and prospective employers by giving people the necessary knowledge, skills and confidence to provide outstanding support to children in their care. Students will be taught everything they need to know about giving children the best support possible.
Childcare training courses overview
The course is a one stop shop for all your childcare training needs. It has a special focus on maintaining the safety, development and health activities of children. Each module contains content that is focused on teaching the foundation skills involved in providing quality childcare.
Training providers go the extra mile to ensure that their learners get the most comprehensive introduction to the widest range of childcare related topics. Courses meet the standards required by regulatory bodies and expected by relevant law. Anyone who passes a course will be able to completely fulfil their obligations to children in their care.
Assessment is done by tutors assessing your ability to carrying out practical tasks, answer questions and write reports. Many courses encourage delegates to gain practical experience by undertaking a voluntary placement in early years. Anyone on a volunteer or work placement will be assessed by visual observation, they will need to show the assessor their competence in both knowledge and skills.
Typical subjects taught on a Childcare training course
- Adventure Playgrounds
- After School Activities
- Behaviour Management
- Child Abuse
- Child Care
- Childcare practices
- Childcare Legislation
- Child Development
- Creating a safe Creche environment
- Early Years Education
- Educational Development
- Fire Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Growth and Development
- Infection Control
- Language Development
- Managing Complaints
- National Child Care Standards
- Nursery classes
- Object Handling
- Paediatric First Aid
- Play Schemes
- Residential Childcare
- Sing a Long
- Social Interaction
- Supervising Children
- Working with toddlers
You will learn how to
- Look after babies, toddlers, and pre-school children in a nursery or day care environment.
- Deal with bullying behaviour.
- Talk to parents about their children.
- Advise parents and carers on a child’s play, food and nutrition and health and safety.
- Support babies and children to play.
- Promote a safer, more secure and happy family life for all children.
- Contribute to the quality of care and welfare of pupils.
- Support the quality of learning and teaching in the classroom.
- Work as part of a team.
- Manage a group of children’s behaviour.
- Support the development of a child’s speech, language and communication.
You will learn about
- The growth and development of young children.
- Activities for under three year olds.
- Learning through positive relationships.
- The importance of having patience and a caring personality.
Who is a Childcare training course suitable for?
It is ideal for anyone who wants to launch a career working with young children. It is also suitable for existing professionals who are already working in the field and who want to further their knowledge and improve their practice.
Child Protection training courses
Child Care Assistant resume examples
Child Care Assistant resume 1
Child Care Assistant resume 2
Child Care Assistant resume 3
Child Care resume examples
Child Care resume