The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
An articulate, presentable and competent individual who will always be there to answer questions, resolve issues and provide information on anything to do with Human Resources. Karen can provide strategic HR consulting and problem-solving solutions on all employment related issues. She will always be the front line contact for employee questions and inquiries, and can be relied upon to coordinate and support staff relationship initiatives. She is also an expert at ensuring compliance with government and company guidelines while achieving objectives within deadlines. In her career she has worked in key fields such as labor relations, affirmative action, benefits administration, and salary administration. Her key strengths lie in managing activities relating to employee training and improving staff morale. Right now she would like to work for an exciting company that is looking to recruit talented, mature and capable HR professionals.
HUMAN RESOURCES – January 2010 - present
Employers name - Coventry
Responsible for developing the HR team and for being the primary point of contact for all HR related questions and issues.
- Delivering HR programs, services, and solutions.
- Anticipating talent needs and addressing them through proactive and effective recruiting.
- Carrying out staff performance reviews.
- Training, developing and evaluating employees.
- Overseeing the daily human resources aspects of the company.
- Writing up job descriptions.
- Evaluating the results of HR initiatives.
- Staff file management.Interviewing job applicants.
- Organising training workshops.
- Interpreting HR policies and procedures.
- Resolving any contentious employee relation issues.
- Identifying staff training needs.
- Promoting diversity and equality issues.
- Developing HR policies and procedures and writing staff handbooks about them.
- Updating employee administrative records.
- Looking after the welfare of employees.
- Investigating employee allegations and grievances.
- Retaining talented employees.
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT – May 2008 - January 2010
Employers name - Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 - May 2008
Employers name - Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of termination processes and exit interviews.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
- Making decisions based on general policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Central Birmingham University – Business Management Degree 2003 - 2007
Aston College - HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.