120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
M: number here
A enthusiastic, confident and hardworking kitchen porter with a well deserved reputation for providing exceptional service and also delivering consistently high standards. Having a willingness to handle various responsibilities, follow instructions and work under supervision. Now looking for a new challenging kitchen porter position with a reputable and exciting employer who offers competitive rates of pay as well as excellent career progression and development opportunities.
5 Star Hotel
KITCHEN PORTER - May 2008 - Present
Working as part of a team in a busy kitchen assisting in the day to day running of the catering area. Along with the kitchen management team complying with all hygiene and health and safety programmes and regulations.
- Assisting with the smooth running of the kitchen production areas.
- Washing dishes manually and also by using the dishwasher.
- Assisting in basic food preparation.
- Cleaning pots, pans and any other kitchen utensils.
- Maintain the kitchen work areas in accordance with HACCP regulations.
- Storing away all crockery, cutlery and glassware.
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor.
- Emptying bins when they are full.
- Dealing with all customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Making sure that all kitchen equipment like food mixers, fridges, cookers are in good working order.
- Reporting any fault equipment to the kitchen manager or chef and then arranging for their repair.
- Keeping the storerooms well stocked and organised at all times.
- Keeping breakages down to a minimum.
- Training and developing new staff members.
- Complying with the daily cleaning rotas.
- Taking all dirty linen and cloths from the kitchen to the hotel laundry.
- Carrying out regular quality assurance audits.
- Handling all glasses and china with great care.
- Attending company training programmes when required.
- Accepting food deliveries from suppliers and storing them.
- Assisting in other areas of the hotel when required to.
- Using the correct amount of specialist chemicals when cleaning work surfaces and equipment.
- Ensuring that at the end of the shift the kitchen is ready for the morning staff.
- Can accurately follow instructions.
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Meticulous in detail.
- Able to work unsupervised.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy weights.
- Having a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Possessing a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
- Approachable and friendly.
- Focused on providing a consistently high standard of customer service.
- Highly motivated and focused.
- Can work under pressure.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Traditional English recipes
Knowledge of hygiene
Attention to detail
Evesham North College 2005 - 2008
NVQ Hospitality & Food preperation
Basic Food Hygiene & Basic Health & Safety Certificate
Coventry North School 2003 - 2005
A levels: Maths (C) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES - Available on request.
Related kitchen CV links:
Kitchen assistant CV template
Kitchen assistant cover letter
Kitchen Hand resume examples
Kitchen Hand resume
Kitchen Hand resume 1
Kitchen Hand resume 2
Kitchen Hand resume 3
Free CV templates:
Catering assistant CV template
Chef CV template
Cook CV template
Sous chef CV template
Waitress CV template
More relevant links:
Curriculum vitae examples for other industry sectors
Cover letter examples
Copyright information - Please read
© This kitchen porter CV template is the copyright of Dayjob Ltd 2010. Job seekers may download and use this resume for their own personal use to help them create their own CV. You are most welcome to link to this page or any other page on our website. However these Curriculum Vitae’s must not be distributed or made available on other websites without our prior permission. For any questions relating to the use of these catering CV templates please email: email@example.com.