It has been estimated that over 70 per cent of MBA graduates worldwide are either senior managers or board directors. This is because MBA’s provide students with a detailed view and understanding of how business works, and in its own right is a well-regarded qualification that is very much sought after by employers.
This page aims to help you to find a suitable schools which offers full time, part time and evening MBA programs in the Florida area. It will give you tips on how to compare different schools so that you find one that fits your personal goals and career plans.
Before you start looking for an MBA program in Florida
Have a clear idea of your specific aims, aspirations and what you want to achieve from a MBA course.
Reasons to enrol on an MBA program
- Can accelerate an existing career path.
- If your looking for work it can help you land a job.
- Can develop better leadership skills.
How long does it take to complete an MBA degree:
Although this really depends on the school, the course and your rate of study, on average it can take anywhere from one to three years. However they can be completed quicker if you already have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Longer courses tend to cover more extensive content, and specialise in specific corporate areas.
- Part time courses can take 5 years to graduate.
- The minimum period is one year, although these courses can be quiet rigorous and intensive because of their short duration.
Tips for enrolling on a MBA program:
- To increase your chances of being enrolled on a course, be sure to show prospective schools evidence of your previous qualifications, relevant work experience and future potential.
- Look into the core subjects that will be taught and ask yourself if they fit in with what you want to learn.
- The fees for an MBA program vary significantly from one Business School to another and from program to program. It’s therefore a good idea to get as many ‘quotes’ as possible.
- Find out if the school you are interested in has a good reputation and brand.
- Remember that each school has its own particular selection and admission criteria, meaning you should tailor your approach to meet their needs.
Try to enrol on a MBA program where;
- There is a dynamic environment that mirrors the needs of employers.
- Students challenge and learn from each other.
- There is a long track record of student success.
Do you require work experience before enrolling on a MBA
In the past most MBA schools would require a few years work experience before you could enrol on a course. That has now changed, these-days most schools require no work experience.
What is an Executive MBA (EMBA)
These are different from traditional MBA’s in that they are programs aimed at enhancing the careers of working executives. They are typically sponsored by employers.
MBA Accredited Bodies
The three main accrediting bodies in the USA are: Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and the Association of MBAs (AMBA).
Facts about Florida
Population: 19 million (it is the 4th most populous state in America).
Size 58,560 Square Miles
GDP: 734.5 billion USD
- Florida became the 27th State of America when it joined in 1845.
- It is also known as the Sunshine State.
- 87.3 million tourists visited the state in 2011.
- Florida has more than 11,000 miles of waterways, rivers and streams.
More US schools and colleges
Part time MBA London
Student entry level MBA resume template