|Find College Courses and Degrees
Medical Assistant perform a combination of administrative and clinical tasks. They are instrumental in bringing the benefits of coordinated healthcare to patients and are at the centre of assuring accessible and affordable care for all.
These courses are excellent opportunities to learn those valuable skills sought by today's healthcare employers. Students will leave with industry-recognized credentials that will help them to find employment in hospitals, physicians’ offices, nursing homes and other healthcare settings. Pupils will be taught about basic clinical procedures, front office clerical duties, and key technical support services. They will get to practice clinical and computer lab skills by using the latest healthcare equipment and will learn how to be a part of providing affordable, high-quality care to their patients. By the time they leave they will be qualified to perform a variety of routine patient care services and assist treatments under appropriate supervision.
Questions to ask about a Medical Assistant course in Atlanta
- Are there any specific classes or subjects that you school is noted for?
- What makes your course different and better than other comparable ones?
- How are students evaluated academically?
- How does your school assist those students who do not pass?
- What type of career counselling do you offer students?
- What would you say is the best thing about your school?
Questions you are likely to be asked at a Medical Assistant school interview
Apart from verifying your academic qualifications, schools will also want to see that you are patient orientated and have the ability to clearly read, write, speak and understand English.
- In your opinion what is the role of a Medical Assistant?
- How is your manual dexterity, will you be able to handle medical equipment and instruments.
- Why are you interested in medicine?
- How do you deal with stressful situations.
- Explain why you think you will be a good candidate for this course?
- How do you spend your free time?
- What will you do if you are not accepted on our course?
- So you have any questions that you would like to ask us?
At a Medical Assistant school you will learn about;
- Preparing patients for treatment.
- A team based approach in providing patient care.
- Carrying out the orders of physicians promptly and accurately.
- Updating electronic medical records.
- Giving injections as ordered by a physician.
- Sterilizing and setting up instruments.
- Drawing blood from patients.
- Charting a patients vital signs.
- Helping patients to understand procedures and treatments.
- Medical laws and ethics.
- Escorting patients to treatment areas.
- Assisting with minor procedures.
- Administering prescribed oral and injectable medications.
- Performing general clerical duties.
- Maintaining a Clinic Supply Inventory and completing orders to maintain adequate levels of supplies. Having a professional manner at all times and being courteous to patients and their families.
- Interviewing patients to obtain health and physical information.
- Quickly recognising urgent medical problems.
- Non evasive testing.
- Giving accurate and clear information to patients.
- Assisting in both direct and indirect patient care.
Medical Assistant curriculums will cover topics such as;
- Appointment scheduling
- Arranging for hospital admissions
- Basic hearing tests
- Completing insurance forms
- Filing medical records
- Giving injections
- Glucose monitoring
- Medical terminology
- Medical record management
- Patient Care Management
- Patient education
- Patient registration
- Pregnancy test
- Processing bills
- Specimen collection
- Sputum collection
- Transporting patients
- Urine dipstick test
Reasons to enrol on this course
- If you are interested in a medical career but not really sure which field to enter then this course is an ideal way to enter the medical profession.
- It’s a career that offers superb job and personal satisfaction.
- Medical Assistants are consistently in high demand.
- Superb career advancement opportunities.
Facts about Atlanta
City Population: 443,000 (2012)
Area codes: 404, 470, 678, 770
Size: 132.4 sq miles
- Atlanta is the capital of Georgia.
- It has a gross domestic product of US$270 billion.
Medical Assistant courses in the USA
Medical Assistant schools in Miami
Medical Assistant schools in Florida
Medical Assistant schools in California
Medical Assistant resume examples
Medical Assistant resumes
Medical Assistant resume 1
Medical Assistant resume 2
Medical Assistant resume 3
Student entry level Medical Assistant resume template
Medical Assistant cover letter examples
Medical Assistant cover letter example 1
Medical Assistant cover letter example 2
Medical Assistant cover letter example 3
Medical Assistant cover letter example 4
Medical Assistant cover letter example 5
Medical Assistant cover letter example 6
Medical Assistant cover letter example 7
More US schools and colleges