The job of an Office Manager is to keep the office running smoothly.
It requires an organised individual with excellent communication skills who is able to multi-task, delegate and prioritise, whilst managing a busy office environment. The exact role may vary depending on the type of business and size of the organisation, however the main duties will always remain the same. Office managers must wear many different hats and juggle multiple priorities simultaneously. They must be able to work in a fast paced environment, keep track of daily activities, understand administrative systems and make sure they are used properly.
A Office Managers job description should include, but not be limited to:
- Encouraging the administrative team to achieve objectives.
- Prioritising important office tasks, and making sure they get done first.
- Taking prompt, decisive and corrective action to rectify any staff shortcoming.
- Implementing and promoting equality and diversity policies.
- Undertaking regular meetings with staff to review progress.
- Managing the performance of office staff.
- Taking accurate minutes in a range of meetings.
- Implementing the office Health & Safety procedures.
- Ensuring adequate staff levels to cover for absences and peaks in workload.
- Issuing security passes to visitors.
- Organising meeting rooms.
- Coordinating any office maintenance work.
- Organising the duties and work loads of junior administrative staff.
- Overseeing the recruitment of new staff, including their training and induction.
- Keeping accurate records of staff holidays and sickness.
- Organising the office layout and maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment.
- Ensuring the office work environment complies with all legal requirements.
- Dealing and negotiating with suppliers.
- Establishing stationary requirements for the Office.
- Recommending changes in office practices and procedures to improve processes.
- Typing, filing, answering telephone calls.
- Co-ordinating the activities of the reception, cleaning, utilities and Office staff.
- Recording office expenditure and managing the budget.
Key skills required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Organisation and time management skills.
- Recognised Health and Safety Training.
Office Managers should have knowledge of;
- Office management
- Disciplinary procedures
- Facilities management
- Administrative processes
- Diary Management
- Writing correspondence
- Performance Management
- Managing information
The personal skills that are required for the job:
- Professional attitude to work and appearance.
- Coming up with innovative solutions.
- Good team worker who is willing and able to assist other team members when required.
- Having a professional, proactive and helpful manner.
- Ability to work well in a quiet as well as busy office environment.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships at all levels.
Office Manager CV and resume templates
Office manager CV
Office Manager resume
Office Manager resume 1
Office Manager resume 2
Office Manager resume 3
Office Manager cover letter examples
Office Manager cover letter
Office Manager cover letter 1
Office Manager cover letter 2
Office Manager cover letter 3
More Office management templates
Dental Office manager resume
Medical Office manager resume
Office Administrator resume
Office Coordinator resume
Online Business Administration courses
List of job descriptions