|Find College Courses and Degrees
Pharmacy Technicians work under the supervision of the Pharmacist-on-duty, and are responsible for providing quality pharmaceutical care and services to their patients. They must be team-oriented, customer service focused and dedicated to ensuring that that customers have a positive experience and that their pharmaceutical needs are met. Many pharmacy technicians view their career as a spring board for becoming a pharmacist or other medical professional. It is a field that is ideal for anyone interested in science or medicine, and who has strong skills in maths. Courses comprise of a taught programme that includes independent study, practical assignments and examinations. Students will leave feeling more confident in their ability to work in any pharmacy department.
Questions to ask a Pharmacy Technician school in Florida
- What topics does the course focus on?
- Is there a career advisor available to offer guidance?
- What transport links are there to your school?
- Are tuition fees higher for non-resident students?
- What is the demographic and social make up of pupils of the course?
- What is the deadline for applications?
Questions you are likely to be asked at a Pharmacy Technician school interview
- What would you say to a customer if you didn't have what they wanted?
- What have you done to prepare for this course?
- What do you know about our school?
- What do you think being a Pharmacy Technician entails?
At a Pharmacy Technician school you will learn about;
- Filling and delivering medication carts.
- Drug names, doses, strengths and formulas.
- Checking the work of junior staff.
- Maintain efficient filing systems.
- Keeping appropriate records and documentation.
- Prepare insurance claim forms.
- Cleaning equipment and machines with alcohol between each medication packaging.
- Filling prescriptions under the supervision of a pharmacist.
Pharmacy Technician curriculums will cover topics such as;
- Clinical Governance
- Immunology prescriptions
- Patient Consultation skills
- Pharmaceutical Calculations
- Prescription assembly
- Procurement and
- Reception duties
- Verifying patient information
Reasons to enrol on this course
- An ideal way to enter the medical field without having to enrol on lengthy courses.
- You can end up working in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Can lead to a rewarding and fulfilling career.
Facts about Florida
Population: 19 million (it is the 4th most populous state in America).
Size 58,560 Square Miles
GDP: 734.5 billion USD
- Florida became the 27th State of America when it joined in 1845.
- It is also known as the Sunshine State.
- 87.3 million tourists visited the state in 2011.
- Florida has more than 11,000 miles of waterways, rivers and streams.
More US schools and colleges