The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
Maxine has the leadership and management skills needed to ensure that a Practice meets its agreed aims and objectives within a profitable, efficient, safe and effective working environment. She has extensive experience of running and managing a highly efficient practice and is an expert at putting together Practice Development Plans. You can rely on her to ensure that a practice always complies with all aspects of required legislation and best practice. Being a true professional means that she can provide a leadership role to all members of a medical team and furthermore ensure that it remains financially sustainable. Right now she is looking to join a successful state of the art practice where she can build a long term career.
Responsible for overseeing the day to day running of the practices operations.
- Organising staff rotas to ensure adequate staffing levels for busy periods.
- Advising the GP Partners on income generation, cash flow and efficient use of resources.
- Putting together and implementing workplace procedures.
- Regularly liaising with general practitioners, nurses and other medical practice employees.
- Ordering the right quantity of medications and drugs.
- Helping with the recruitment of new patients.
- Ensuring effective communication channels are in place between all members of the Health Care Team.
- Maintaining standards of cleaning and hygiene throughout the building.
- Overseeing the recruitment and retention of staff and provide a general personnel management service.
- Developing and maintaining the staff database.
- Keeping confidential information relating to patients safe and secure.
- Alerting team members to issues of quality and risk.
- Dealing with complaints promptly and according to organisational protocol.
- Keeping up to date with all employment law and new legislation.
- Dealing with patient complaints and resolving them.
- Implementing a culture of continuous quality improvement.
- Negotiating the renewal of third-party contractual arrangements.
- Maximising available practice space to achieve the optimum use of the building.
- Managing staffing levels within target budgets.
- Implementing an effective complaints management system.
- Liaising with patient groups.
- Maintaining the Practice’s website.
- Remaining calm under pressure.
- Not afraid to confront difficult situations.
- Going the extra mile to help out friends and colleagues.
- Never giving up on a project half way, instead always seeing it through to the end.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
University name - Degree details Study Dates
College name - Qualifications Study Dates
School name - Subjects / Grades Study Dates
Available on request.
Practice Nurse CV sample