The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
Maxine is a highly experienced Practice Nurse who can assess, plan, develop, implement and evaluate programmes that promote health and well-being. She is a responsible individual who feels committed to the cause of her role and is more than able to support the philosophy, vision and mission of a hospital. You can rely on her be at the frontline of care by being the middleman who relays critical information from a physician to a patient. At her present place of work she coordinates and delivers care within the confines of the available human, material and fiscal resources of the hospital. As a true professional she is someone who can always justify her actions even when they are not against the law. On a personal level she is a good listener who has the ability to hold conversations that have to be soft and polite. Right now, she is looking for a role where she can put her skills and experience to work, and make a real difference every day.
PRACTICE NURSE - Start Date - Present
Employers name - Location
Responsible for working as part of a team operating in a busy hospital environment looking after multiple patients on a daily basis.
- Providing advice about contraception and fitting contraceptive devices.
- Encouraging patients to live a healthy lifestyle.
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date patient records.
- Reporting the patients’ condition to appropriate personnel during each shift.
- Setting up and running clinics for conditions like asthma and diabetes.
- Establishing and maintaining a therapeutic relationship with patients and their families.
- Performing any investigatory procedures requested by the GPs.
- Giving lifestyle advice to patients on issues such as smoking, alcohol consumption, diet and exercise.
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills.
- Liaising with other providers in the community to transition care.
- Offering a comprehensive family planning service to those that ask for it.
- Fostering an open dialogue with patients and their families so they fully understand what is going on.
- Providing both emotional and mental comfort to patients.
JOB TITLE - Start Date - End Date
Employers name - Location
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Assessing a situation and making crucial decisions on the spot.
- Supporting the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues.
- Delivering evidence-based care to patients.
- Able to deal with aggressive patients.
- Punctual and always on time.
- Flexible by nature and able to deal with last minute changes.
- Anticipating any barriers to communication and then taking action to remove these.
- Demonstrating professionalism in attitude, dress and behaviour.
- Developing cultural competence in order to provide culturally competent care.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
University name - Degree details Study Dates
College name - Qualifications Study Dates
School name - Subjects / Grades Study Dates
Available on request.