|Find College Courses and Degrees
Property Investment is big business and if done properly can be very profitable.
These courses will show you how to buy the right property in the right location and then selling it for the right price. It will develop your understanding of property from the perspective of an investor, and will demonstrate to you how different it is from other investments such as shares and gilts.
What is Property Investment
It’s all about trying to earn a return on the investment of property either through generating rental income or reselling it (or both). You should always remembers that although long terms trends show property prices going up, the value of property can go down as well as up. Most experts agree that it should be viewed as a medium to long-term investment.
Property Investment training courses overview
Programs focuse on addressing both the theoretical and practical aspects of the property market. You will learn about strategies specifically designed to help you understand property's role as an asset class within the context of the wider investment world.
Delegates will be shown how to use the latest software tools and relevant Internet websites to make wise investment decision. Combined all of these resources will help you to effectively value, develop and manage property. Through an innovative multi-disciplinary approach you will learn about how individuals can enter the property market and profit from current market conditions.
Teaching is done through traditional classroom lectures as well as site visits, practical exercises, online tutorials, guest presentations from industry figures and even work placements. Study material is delivered through practice based teaching which gives you the chance to understand topics more thoroughly.
Course work will consist of taking part in individual and group projects, writing reports, giving presentations and producing essays. You will receive feedback throughout your training. Field trips also form an important part of the learning process, allowing you to put theory into practice.
Tailor made syllabuses will show you how to go over what you already know, identify areas that you are weak on and then decide on how to going about getting more information to rectify your shortcomings. Students are encouraged to work in teams across professional areas and to read Industry leading resources, specialist journals and Estate Agent publications.
You will receive unlimited tutor support throughout the duration of your course, and lecturers will always be on hand to answer any questions. Teachers are dedicated professionals who have a wide variety of experience and expertise. They are highly knowledgeable in their respective fields, and can help students identify their preferred career path.
Typical subjects taught on a Property Investment course
- Asset Valuation
- Building Construction
- Business Planning
- Buy to Let
- Buy to Sell
- Commercial Property
- Commercial Property Appraisal
- Financial Modelling Techniques
- Freehold and Leasehold Investments
- Holiday Lets
- Indirect Property Investment
- International Property Management
- Introduction to Planning & Building
- Investment Appraisal
- Investment Methods
- Investment Theories
- Off the Plan
- Overseas Property
- Planning and Land Use
- Planning for Real Estate
- Portfolio Management
- Portfolio Performance Measurement
- Project Management
- Property Development
- Property Finance
- Property Funding
- Property Funds
- Property Law
- Property Management
- Property Ownership
- Property Renovation
- Property Valuation
- Residential Property
- Risk and Return
- Site Appraisal and Design
You will learn how to
- Find, buy, develop and sell property.
- Appraise portfolios of property investment.
- Make the most of low property prices.
- Negotiate with Estate Agents and property sellers.
- Fund property purchases.
- Manage the development process.
- Correctly estimate the value of a property.
- Market and promote properties for sale.
- Recognise and exploit investment opportunities.
- Measure investment performance.
You will learn about
- Investing in apartment buildings, residential homes, offices, commercial buildings and vacant land.
- The financial aspects of property investment.
- Gain maximum market appreciation and rental potential.
- The accurate valuation of property.
- Buying low and selling high.
- Landlord and tenant law.
- How property markets function.
- Buying at or below market value.
- Finding properties to buy.
- The links between property, investment and the capital markets.
- The global aspects of the property industry.
- Property buying procedures.
- The impact of budgetary policy and capital markets on the property world.
- The analysis of financial information.
- Evaluating property costs i.e. legal fees, tax, surveys and inflation.
Who is a Property Investment training course suitable for?
These courses will appeal to seasoned property investors as well as novices or first time buyers alike. It is ideal for anyone who wants to enter the property investment business. Courses are also suitable for existing professionals who wish to increase and enhance their knowledge, skills and understanding of their assets.
Investment Banking courses