Writing reports can be a daunting prospect, however it is a skill that can be learned. Many people struggle to express information in a clear, unbiased and informative way, that’s the bad news, the good news is that you can be taught how to avoid burying your message by communicating even the most complex information easily and effectively.
Report Writing has become an inescapable part of the business world and professional life. High quality ones can form the basis of sound decision making, thus making it a vital part of any organisation that wants to be successful. In the fast paced world of business, the Internet and 24 hour media, the need for effective report writing is every growing. If you can be become known as someone who can put together effective reports then it can do a lot for your reputation and career.
Report Writing course overview
These activity-based courses focus on showing you how to quickly create effective business reports that are reader-focused and persuasive. You will study new techniques, examine examples, be involved in discussions and receive individual feedback and support.
Under the guidance of tutors you will get clear instructions on a range of activities designed to help you interpret questions, gather information and structure your document for maximum impact. These and many more elements are included in this intensive program which is primarily aimed at improving your ability to communicate clearly to both an internal and external audience.
In classes you will learn about the do’s & don’ts of effective report writing, and how to break down assignments into its essential components. Syllabuses concentrate on showing you how to simplify tasks whatever type of report you are preparing. In short you will be given a complete toolkit of report-writing techniques that will take most of the pain out of the writing process. Students will see an immediate improvement in their abilities which can pay dividends in their current or future career. The skills you learn will be invaluable to anyone who works in a role which demands that they write well.
Tutors are friendly, down to earth and very professional, they will cover each subject in great detail and include topics that a student never even thought of. They will give you lots of additional information, which can make the whole teaching experience more enriching and lively.
Typical subjects taught on a Report Writing course
- Business Report Writing
- Capitals and Abbreviations
- Chronological Order
- Constructing Arguments
- Correcting inconsistencies
- Editing Techniques
- Email Writing
- Essay Writing
- Essential Grammar
- Feature Writing
- Instruction Manuals
- Italics and Bold
- Plain English
- Policy documents
- Preparing Summaries
- Recommendation Reports
- Report Writing Methodology
- Research Skills
- Sentence Construction
- Spotting errors
- Structuring your Text
- Writing for the Web
- Writing Powerful Headlines
- Write Recommendations
- Writing Styles
You will learn how to
- Write powerful opening sentences.
- Analyse your audience and tailor the content to their specific needs.
- Ensure grammatical accuracy.
- Write reader-friendly sentences.
- Identify your reports objectives.
- Build a rapport with your readers.
- Outline and organise information.
- Plan the reports structure.
- Write confidently and authoritatively.
- Write reports for speeches and presentations.
- Prepare an outline of a report.
- Use bullet points to simplify or summarise.
- Link your conclusions to findings.
- Write under pressure.
- Avoid using inappropriate clichés, jargon, and management-speak.
- Compose targeted messages.
You will learn about
- The value of reports as business tools.
- Identifying the readers needs.
- The limitations of spell checkers.
- Giving and receiving feedback.
- The pyramid structure of report writing which appeals to differing groups of readers.
A Report Writing training course is suitable for anyone who;
- Feels reasonably confident about their writing skills but who wants to improve and develop their abilities further.
- Has to write reports as part of their work.
Business Writing courses
Creative Writing Evening classes London
Creative Writing university courses
Online Creative Writing degree courses