|Find College Courses and Degrees
Maximise your job skills and career potential by enrolling on a secretarial course. These very informative programs have been developed with the work place in mind. They combine highly interactive classroom sessions along with state of the art training material that gives students an all encompassing level of training that ultimately leads to valuable and much sought after qualifications.
Secretarial courses overview
These career focused courses concentrate on teaching student practical office skills such as assessing different written materials, scanning documents for key points and maintaining high concentration levels at all times. Apart from covering core secretarial subjects, study materials also focus on showing delegates how to work independently or as part of a team. The course content will ensure that the candidates become experienced in a variety of IT packages, and that they are able to work on specialist secretarial software.
Competent class tutors will have a wealth of knowledge and experience behind them, all of which they can use to deliver training extremely effectively. Through live tutor led classes and numerous practical exercises you will be fully prepared for any future administrative or secretarial duties. Students will leave fully equipped to face all of the challenges that a modern office can throw at them, and will have the ability to make a positive contribution to any workplace environment.
Typical subjects taught on secretarial courses
- Audio Typing
- Business Administration
- Business Communication
- Business Documents
- Clerical Support
- Customer Service
- Diary Management
- Document Management
- Email Correspondence
- Filing Systems
- Legal Secretary
- Managing Databases
- Managing Information
- Medical Secretary
- Microsoft Office
- Minute Taking
- Office Management
- Organising Meetings
- Photocopying and Printing
- Prioritising Workloads
- Reception Duties
- Secretarial Procedures
- Secretarial Support
- Report Writing
- Taking Messages
- Telephone Skills
- Text Processing
- Time Management
- Word Processing
- Work Planning
You will learn how to
- Work as part of a team in a busy office environment.
- Write professional emails and letters.
- Screen telephone calls.
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for senior managers.
- Record office expenditure and manage floats.
- Distribute outgoing and incoming post.
- Welcome visitors and point them in the right direction.
- Manage purchase orders and invoices.
- Supervise and train other clerical staff.
- Using various computer packages like Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Stay calm and tactful under pressure.
- Organise busy schedules and calendars.
- Manage and maintain the schedules of senior executives.
- Carry out office inventories.
- Attend meetings in order to record minutes.
- Coordinate inter-office communications.
You will learn about
- Systems and procedures to aid the smooth running of an office.
- Answering and dealing with incoming and outgoing telephone calls.
- The importance of handling confidential documents.
- Equality and diversity policies and issues.
- Implementing new procedures and administrative systems.
- Answering letters, telephone calls, emails, and faxes.
- Writing using good grammar and spelling.
Who are secretarial courses suitable for?
These courses are appropriate for people new to the field who want to become qualified Secretaries. They are also ideal for existing experienced Personal Assistants who want to increase their skills base or confidence, and at the same time gain a qualification or Diploma to prove their new skills.
Legal secretary courses
Secretary related CV and cover letter examples
Company Secretary CV sample
Graduate Secretary CV sample
Legal Secretary cover letter
Legal Secretary CV sample
Medical Secretary CV sample
Secretary resume template