WordPress was launched in 2003 and is na open source blogging tool and Content Management System (CMS). It is used by millions of people around the world and is based on PHP and MySQL. It’s popularity is partly down to the fact that it allows users to easily create and manage professional looking websites or blogs for free. It is a highly supported and developed tool which is simple enough for complete novices to quickly learn and use.
WordPress training courses overview
These comprehensive, informative and value for money courses will take you from a relative beginner to someone who can build a website in no time. They will de-mystified the whole process and help you to master WordPress quickly so that by the end of the course you’ll be able to fully understand the basics.
Students will learn in a professional environment on high spec computers, and where classes are inspiring, fun and where lots of interaction and hands-on learning goes on. The atmosphere on a course will be informal, but business-like, a combination that allows you can get the most out of your studying. Through easy to follow lectures, video tutorials essential planning tools and worksheets, you will gain the knowledge and skills needed to create, manage and run great WordPress websites. You will be taught by expert trainers who will guide you through subjects in a step by step, logical way. Tutors will use a unique combination of their own personal experience, technical knowledge and teaching skills to ensure that the course covers the right topics to suit your needs.
Curriculums will give you an in-depth introduction to key fields such as website design, how to get a website on line, graphics software, domain names, passwords and website hosting. You will learn the ins and outs of how to install, manage and maintain WordPress, as well as the recognised principles of effective design.
A final point to note is that many training providers offer bespoke courses which can be taken on dates to suit you and which can be tailored to meet your competency and workflow requirements.
WordPress course tutors
Classes are taught by qualified web design professionals who have extensive knowledge of all aspects of WordPress and internet technology. They will give you individual attention which will allow you to learn at your own pace, and which will ensure that no-one is held back or overshadowed by a larger group.
Typical subjects taught on a WordPress course
- Adding Functionality
- Adding Images
- Adding Links
- Blogging with WordPress
- Content Management Systems
- Creating Menus
- Creating Newsletters
- Creating Pages
- Design Principles
- Introduction to WordPress
- Managing Links
- Managing Pages
- Privacy Settings
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Setting Up WordPress
- Using Tags
- WordPress Administration
- WordPress Settings
- WordPress Media Library
- WordPress Website Security
- Writing Settings
You will learn how to
- Install and set up WordPress.
- Build a great looking website with WordPress.
- Insert and embed media such as images, video, audio.
- Monitor and moderate comments.
- Share your content on social media networks.
- Install themes and plug-ins.
- Get a web host.
- Set up a domain name.
- Get your domain and web hosting up and running.
- Customise the look and feel of your own website.
- Track the performance of your website.
- Estimate the time and cost to make the website.
- Add a contact form to a contact page.
- Optimise existing or new content.
You will learn about
- Adding an online community to your website.
- Making your content search-engine friendly.
- Managing WordPress users.
- How to attract traffic to your website.
- Adding a forum.
- Planning a website.
- Website backup and security.
- Adding Facebook and Twitter buttons.
- Traffic acquisition, conversion and retention.
Cisco training courses
IT training courses
Java training courses
Microsoft training courses
Microsoft Access training
Microsoft Excel training
Microsoft Office courses
SEO training course
Social Media training courses
Web Design training courses
IT CV templates