|Find College Courses and Degrees
There is no such thing as the perfect school, however there are many schools where you can be happy and get a good education. Committed students deserve access to the best schools in the USA, and they should aim to go to a school that they will be proud to attend, and where they will feel comfortable studying.
American schools lead the way in meeting the educational and life needs of their students. These centres of learning are part of a multicultural society where the courses are as diverse as the students. It is for this reason that they attract the most talented students from not only the US, but all over the world.
Tips on finding the best school for your studies
It’s crucial to explore all of your options and research as much as possible to find the one that has the academic excellence, good weather, friendly tutors and superb student social life that you are looking for. To help you in this endevour, this page will give you tips and advice on how to find a private or public school in the USA that will give you the higher education you deserve.
What to look for in a school;
- Their reputation.
- Admission requirements.
- School credentials i.e. who are they accredited by.
- Student support services.
- The dedication of teachers.
- Applicant acceptance rates.
- Tuition costs
- Program start dates
- Subject taught
- Student diversity
- Extracurricular activities
- Scholarships or financial aid
- Average class size.
- Student population
- Transportation links
- Student accommodation
- Campus shops
- Graduation rate
- Sports and leisure facilities
- The academic performance of current and past students.
- Is the curriculum interesting.
- Campus atmosphere
- Student Clubs and activities.
- Career advice services
Visiting the school;
There is no substitute to actually visiting a school in person and walking around it. The best way to do this is to call up the admissions officers and explain that you're considering enrolling with them, and would like to make an appointment to arrange a visit. Points to consider during a visit;
- See their approach to learning and teaching.
- Are classrooms cheerful
- Is student work displayed on noticeboards, if so, how does it look.
- How well are the school facilities maintained.
- Are bathrooms clean.
- Look out for dilapidated building, they could be a sign of more deep-rooted problems.
How to get information about a school;
- Contact the admission officers.
- Look at their prospectus.
- Look at their website.
- Look for feedback in online forums.
- Try to find news and press stories about the school.
- Visit the school and ask current students if they would recommend it to prospective students.
General questions to ask a US school;
- What are their graduation rates?
- Enquire about Internship or Student Work Opportunities:
- Do they accept international students?
- Ask about student discipline and safety, have there been any major incidents?
- What are their library resources like.
Before you look for a school;
- Decide what you want to accomplish at school i.e. are you after a certain qualification, if so why?
- Decide whether you want to attend a school that’s in the center of a big city, near the beach, or in a small rural town. Where would you feel more comfortable to study.
- Decide what your budget is and how much you can afford to spend.