Business Managers help shape the development, impact and future direction of a business. They do this through the efficient and effective utilisation of a company’s available resources and personnel. To be successful in this role they must have an engaging personality, positive energy and the will to succeed. The role comes with a high degree of responsibility and the need to provide professional management and leadership to a wide range of people.
When building your Business Manager CV show that you can:
- Design and implement new processes and initiatives in order to facilitate change across a business.
- Develop customer engagement strategies.
- Inspire individuals to do more than they think they can.
- Track expenditure and keep unnecessary costs under control.
- Work alongside teams in several different areas.
- Set personal and organisational performance measurement targets.
- Ensure that the right corporate image of the business is projected to its customers.
- Actively monitor and control the performance of staff.
- Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing.
- Mentor and train up new employees.
- Close sales during face-to face meetings.
- Effect organisational changes.
- Network with people from different social backgrounds.
Demonstrate that you are willing to:
- Make difficult and unpopular decisions for the overall good of the company.
- Do what is takes to make your company a success.
Show that you have:
- The confidence needed to push through tough decisions.
- Experience of working with blue chip companies and global brands.
- A record of going above and beyond what is expected.
- An impressive background of working for leading companies.
- A creative track record of problem solving.
- A consultative approach towards getting things done.
Show that you are:
- An established and proven Business Manager with a track record of getting results.
- Comfortable working in a target based environment.
- Committed to your continued professional development.
- Able to think strategically with a strong commercial understanding.
- Committed to promoting the highest standards of best practice throughout the business.
- Able to represent the company at networking events and trade fairs.
- Comfortable with taking on extra responsibility.
Business Manager cover letter example