Sales Manager are primarily responsible for getting profitable results through their sales team. They are key to building a successful sales operation and to getting a company on the road to success. They should have an entrepreneurial approach towards their duties and a high work ethic towards generating new business. Apart from their general management capabilities they must also be highly effective at searching out new leads, gaining referrals, networking and developing undeveloped potential in a sales team.
When building your Sales Manager CV show that you can:
- Determine the sales potential of individual sales team members.
- Secure business from both existing and new customers.
- Keep timely and accurate administrative records.
- Identify sales opportunities.
- Give constructive feedback to the sales team.
- Monitor the performance of individual sales team members.
- Establish relationships with customers.
- Lead people in an effective manner.
- Work with multiple accounts at the same time.
- Win new business.
- Provide high levels of customer service.
- Generate new and hot leads.
- Secure qualified client appointments.
- Professionally present to clients in meetings.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Prepare sales budgets and make sure they are not overspent.
- Analyse and draw logical conclusions from sales statistic.
- Provide pre-sale and after-sale support to customers.
- Overcome rejections and objections.
- Manage a designated territory.
- Manage the full sales cycle.
- Pick up new information quickly.
- Always have your ear to the ground.
Demonstrate that you are willing to:
- Travel and spend time away from home.
- Work late to get a job done.
Show that you have:
- A high level of determination.
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm.
- Lots of confidence.
- An open communication style.
- Experience of cold calling, telemarketing and meeting clients face to face.
- A persuasive and influential manner.
Show that you are:
- Commercially and financially aware.
- Ambitious and eager to progress up your career ladder.
- Well spoken, articulate and exude a professional manner.