120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
M: number here
Accomplished and driven service manager with experience of coordinating operational and financial activities in a wide range of industries and sectors. Having a proven track record in developing new initiatives and cultivating effective relationships both internally and externally at a variety of levels. Boasting a impressive track record of working closely with commercial departments such as sales and product management to assist the smooth operational running of a company.
Right now looking for a relevant position with a high profile and exciting employer who will appreciate my skills, experience and hard work.
International Software Vendor
SERVICE MANAGER – May 2008 – Present
Responsible for organising the service department and in particular, controlling it’s resources and utilizing it’s assets to achieve maximum efficiency. Overseeing the day-to-day management of the service area.
- Providing high quality, up-to-date documentation for all service arrangements.
- Motivating and guiding a team.
- Seeking out, establishing and maintaining relationships with operational contacts within each client.
- Making sure that all account and contract details are up to date.
- Investigating technical issues.
- Accurately recording service times, job costing and invoicing in the Service Department.
- Escalating operational issues to senior management.
- Proactively developing and retaining key customer accounts.
- Maintaining effective control of expenses by regularly examining management accounts and comparisons with budgets.
- Carrying out quarterly billing checks and inventory audits.
- Arranging for all outstanding debts to be collected within due time periods set.
- Collecting and analysing data, then using it to plan and manage both projects and systems.
- Keeping costs down by focusing on the reduction of leakage.
- Taking corrective action where inadequate performance is suspected.
- Assisting in the development of a customer service policy for the company.
- Confirming that contracted payment terms are adhered to.
- Following up on all outstanding issues.
- Experienced in the management of a field based team.
- Ability to work closely with and develop relationships with clients.
- Improving and developing the knowledge & skills of others.
- Highly organized with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Knowledge of progress monitoring and reporting.
- Ability to organise clerical work, administration, control systems and financial resources.
- Experience of using modern business methods in a practical way.
- Knowledge of recruiting, selecting and appraising staff.
- Able to handle communications and corporate affairs.
- Building effective and efficient teams.
- Excellent customer facing skills.
- Disciplined, energetic and results orientated.
- Having a analytical approach to problem solving.
- Can create a environment where colleagues and staff can develop and excel.
- High standards of numeracy and literacy.
- Assertive and confident.
- Self-starter, who can multi-task in a demanding environment.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Control & Coordination
Evesham University 2005 – 2008
BA (Hons) Management with Accounting
Coventry North College 2003 – 2008
A levels: Maths (A) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES – Available on request.