A resume should be as individual as you are.
Professional resume writers will make your resume look and sound like the professional you. They will uncover those hidden talents, skills and competencies that you never knew you had and highlight your most relevant attributes to a prospective employer.
About this page
This page aims to show you everything you need to know about professional resume writers, from what they do and how to find them, right through to how to get the best out of them. You will learn how to find the most capable, recognised and in demand writers around. It will show you how to cut out the middle man by going directly to writers and asking them those key questions that will identify the most talented and proven ones.
What is a professional resume writer
They are fully qualified professionals who have the skills, experience and ability needed to put together interview winning resumes for their clients. Many possess expert knowledge of the latest hiring trends and quite a few have previous personal experience of working for Human Resource departments or recruitment agencies. Apart from writing up resumes, they also put together CVs, cover letters and LinkedIn profiles.
How to identify a good professional resume writer
Putting together a quality resume is a specialist skill that not many people can do. You should therefor do some research before choosing a professional resume writer who you can be sure will be committed to your career. Remember a good resume writer will always;
- Reply quickly to your enquiries or requests for information.
- Have been around for a long time.
- Have lots of real and verifiable testimonials.
- Have lots of repeat business.
- Have good online reviews that show a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Have a professional looking website that has an easy ordering process.
- Have a contact page that has a contactable telephone number on it.
- Be punctual and always email you your resume drafts when they say they will.
Questions to ask a resume writer
- What is their turnaround time, how long does it take to get the first resume draft?
- Can they meet a deadlines you may have for submitting your resume?
- Do the offer any money back guarantee i.e. a refund if you are not 100 percent satisfied?
- What is the full charge for their services?
- What they need from you?
- Do they have any verifiable testimonials?
- Will they continue to edit, re-write and modify your resume until you are fully satisfied?
- Does their price include a cover letter or is that extra?
- Do they specialise in any particular field or industry.
- Is there an extra charge if you want your completed resume slightly edited in the future.
What do professional resume writers do?
They essentially put together well-crafted and compelling resumes that engage prospective employers and get them interested in a specific job seeker. Their main role is to professionally write their client’s career statements, personal profiles, work histories and areas of expertise.
A good resume writer will not simply rehash an old resume, instead they will create something new and unique from scratch. They will use the latest resume writing tools and resources to optimise a jobseekers personal brand by putting together a cutting edge and keyword rich document that really hits the mark.
Advantages of using a resume writer
Many people struggle to write about themselves in a positive, eye catching and objective way. This is where the services of a professional resume writer come in. They have a comprehensive understanding of the latest hiring, employment and recruiting trends.
Their real strength lies in their ability to;
- Unmask a job seekers hidden accomplishments.
- Research a specific industry or job role to find out what employers are looking for.
- Select a visually appealing resume layout that stands out from others.
The amount they charge for their services really depends on the job you are applying, your experiences and the sort of resume you want. Due to the amount of competition in this field, particularly from online Resume Builders, the price many professional resumes builders charge is very affordable.
How do professional resume writers do it?
These-days most professional resume writers very rarely have face to face meetings with their clients. Instead most of the communication is conducted via email and telephone conversations.
Their main aim is to match your competencies with a potential employers requirements. They do this by firstly identifying the employer’s precise needs and secondly going through your work history, experiences, accomplishments and qualifications to identify those skills the employer is looking for. After this they start to write up a resume that will basically show employers what you can do for them. During the course of their work they will;
- Select a resume format.
- Decide on its length.
- Identify relevant keywords.
- Check for spelling, grammar, or typing errors.
- Proofread text.
- Highlight key accomplishments.
- Conduct telephone interviews with clients to get information.
Who can use a professional resume writer?
Basically anyone who is looking for a job. They are ideal for school leavers and university graduates right through to experienced professionals applying for a new job or wanting a complete career change.
Information you must provide a resume writer
They need to know as much about you as possible and also about the job you are after. You therefor need to send them a copy of your most recent resume as well as any other information you feel they need to know.
Resume writing links
How to make a resume