120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
M: 0121 638 0026
A energetic, friendly and competent au pair with a calm attitude and a track record of providing a quality childcare service to families and their children. Always smartly presented with excellent hygiene standards and available on a live-in or live-out basis. Domestic service. Looking to work in partnership with a reputable family and take responsibility for the safety and development of their children.
Willing to consider working throughout the UK or Europe and searching for a family that will provide for both travel expenses and accommodation costs.
Family Based in Paris
AU PAIR – May 2008 – Present
Helping to promote the social and educational development of group of three children within a busy household. Providing breakfast for them and looking after their needs from their return from school in the afternoon right up to bed time. Performing childcare responsibilities according to the family’s rules.
- Taking children to school and bringing them back.
- Cooking meals, snacks and refreshments for the children.
- Organising games for the children and playing with them.
- Changing nappies.
- Washing and laundry duties, including ironing the children’s clothes.
- Helping the children complete their homework assignments.
- Occasionally taking the children to the doctors.
- Comforting and supporting a child when they are sick or upset.
- Tidying up the childrens room.
- Occasionally supervising tradesmen who come to the house i.e. plumbers, window cleaners etc.
- Reading stories to the children.
- Doing light household chores like dusting, vacuuming etc.
- Taking children to the library, park, swimming and shopping.
- Putting away the children’s toys after they have been played with.
- Experience of looking after babies right through to young teenagers.
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Can work 8 – 10 hour days.
- Able to effectively and appropriately discipline and manage unruly children.
- Ability to potty train children.
- Willing and able to do light housework.
- Capable of working under minimum supervision.
- Have checkable references.
- Tidy, organised and reliable.
- Possessing a cheerful, easygoing and flexible personality.
- Enjoy working with children.
- Able to deal with stressful days.
- Non smoker.
- Have a driving license.
- Do not mind pets being in the household.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Good judgment skills
Evesham North College 2005 – 2008
Coventry North School 2003 – 2005
A levels: Maths (C) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES – Available on request.