The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
Maxine is a natural problem solver, who enjoys using rigorous logic and methodology to come up with solutions. A pragmatic, pro-active and commercially focused Business Analyst, she will always make recommendations that will positively impact on a company’s operational effectiveness. She has the ability to align immediate needs with long-term strategies, and is someone who has a long track record of evaluating results and making recommendations for continuous improvement. Her key strengths include; using technology effectively, understanding issues in depth and meeting client needs without sacrificing deadlines or quality. In addition to this she is an expert at producing management and analytical information that will enable senior managers to make sound financial and commercial business decisions. Right now she is looking for a suitable position with an ambitious company that has a great workplace environment.
BUSINESS ANALYST – January 2010 – present
Employers name – Coventry
Responsible for identifying operational issues of concern, coming up with solutions and then ensuring that any changes put into place meet the needs of the business.
- Analysing the impact of proposed solutions on any existing technology platforms.
- Identifying possible improvements to financial and operational efficiency.
- Creating detailed documentation of business systems.
- Working closely with stakeholders to determine the priority of specific requirements based on their value to the business.
- Working out cost/benefit analysis.
- Delivering end to end solutions.
- Providing input to the development of formal business cases.
- Leading, coaching and influencing other team members.
- Coming up with new processes and approaches.
- Identifying issues and recommending solutions.
- Provide clients with initial and ongoing support throughout the lifecycle of a programme.
- Conversing fluently with stakeholders at all levels.
JUNIOR ANALYST – May 2008 – January 2010
Employers name – Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 – May 2008
Employers name – Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Translating complex conclusions into simple business language that can be easily understood.
- Comprehensive understanding of web development processes and technologies.
- Familiar with risk calculations.
- Ability to cope with changing priorities.
- Experience of working on complex projects.
- Analysing complex business processes.
- Superb analytical and quantitative skills.
- Good understanding of internal risk and control processes.
- Experience of IT service management.
- Handling multiple priorities in a time sensitive and dynamic environment.
- Willing to take accountability for own work.
- Can deal effectively with ambiguity.
- Strong team player who has the ability to work across geographical borders.
- Confident and client focused when dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Central Birmingham University – MBA Degree 2003 – 2007
Aston College – HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.