The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
An articulate, focused and capable Accounting professional who has a history of providing consistent leadership in the financial areas of a business. Karen comes to you with a strong background in focusing on profitability and being able to identify trends effecting financial performance. She is someone who possess a variety of competencies that set her apart from other candidates, chief amongst these is the wide exposure she has had to the world of accountancy. As an all-rounder she has considerable experience of cash-flow statements, income statements, balance sheets, budget reports, cost analysis and capital equipment analysis. Aside from her technical abilities, her pleasant manner and excellent communication skills allow her to clearly relay financial information to clients and management alike. At the moment she is looking for a suitable position with an employer who has a supportive, growth-oriented environment that welcomes ideas on how to succeed and improve.
ACCOUNTANT - January 2010 - present
Employers name - Coventry
Responsible for performing a full range of accounting activities and functions, in particular financial budgeting, accounting and analysis reporting.
- Preparing monthly financial statements.
- Writing up accurate and timely financial reports.
- Preparing journal entries complete with documentation for all transactions.
- Assisting in annual and monthly budget preparations.
- Working with tax accountants to provide information for tax returns.
- Carrying out any other administrative and operational duties as required.
- Reconciling cash advances on a monthly basis.
- Investigating any accounting discrepancies.
- Reporting on any outstanding invoices.
- Identifying and recording incoming electronic payments.
- Maintaining spreadsheets to accurately report on revenues and expenditures.
- Performing basic analysis of accounts and accruals.
- Counting and balancing petty cash at the end of each month.
- Ensuring that controls are in place to maintain the confidentiality of all financial information.
- Assisting with the hiring, training, and development of staff.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Can quickly understand and evaluate complex information.
- Able to connect with customers to build loyalty.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, especially in Excel.
- Accurate and precise math skills.
- Highest standards of accounting accuracy and precision.
- Familiar with a wide range of accounting software.
- Thinking creatively to solve complex problems.
- Able to handle multiple tasks, work quickly and well under pressure.
- Willing to assume responsibility for decisions.
- Strong work ethic.
- A proven high performer and quick learner.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Central Birmingham University – Accountancy Degree 2003 - 2007
Aston College - HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.
Accountant cover letter examples
Accountant cover letter example
Accountant cover letter 1
Accountant cover letter 2
Accountant cover letter 3
Accountant CV and resume examples
Trainee Accountant CV sample
Assistant Accountant CV
Chartered Accountant CV example
Accounting clerk resume
Assistant controller resume
Financial CV template
Financial controller CV sample
Accounting training courses