We have been around since 2004, and have over the years grown to be the leading CV template site in world. Our website displays 100's of professionally written CV examples, and our experience and long history has given us a very good idea of what employers look for in a CV. What all of this means is that we can see the recruitment industry from the viewpoint of candidates and recruiters alike.
Click here CV writing service if you would like to purchase our service.
Why is a well written and designed CV so important?
- Its your first chance to communicate directly with a recruiter and decision maker, so its imperative it quickly shows your strengths and skills.
- It's your only route to getting invited to a interview. by having a professionally written CV you are more likely to grab their attention and impress them.
- Your CV is a marketing tool for you to sell yourself to employers, it's a very important document, so should be written to the highest standards.
Why your CV must be different and STAND OUT
- Remember a recruiter typically has to go through up to 50 or more CV's for each job vacancy, many of these candidates are evenly matched in skills and qualifications.
- Research has shown that due to the volume of job applications they receive employers typically have only 2 minutes to skim through a CV, predictably most are discarded within 1 minute of being looked at.
Reasons to use dayjob's professional CV development team
- Our company has many years of CV writing experience and offering career advice.
- By having a professional CV written by experts you can maximize your chances of being invited to a interview.
- Over the years we have had contact with 100's of recruiters and HR departments and know exactly what they look for in a CV.
- We see hundreds of CV applications many with a covering letter every week, and this experience has know which types of CV's get interviews and which ones don't.
- We have developed a range of professional looking CV templates that have been very successful.
- We will have a completed CV for you within 48 hours.
- There is nothing for you to do, we do everything, like transferring the text from your existing CV to our new format.
- We will allow you 2 update changes to your CV for you for free of charge over the next 6 months, in case you gain a new qualifications or find employment etc.
- We can offer useful advice on questions like:-
- Should you include your photo with your CV?
- Should you explain why you left your previous jobs?
- Should you mention what salary you expect?
- How do you explain gaps in your career, i.e. career breaks etc?
What will we do to your CV / what will you get for your money?
- Review - we will review your entire CV and re-write those areas we feel will make it stronger.
- Your skills - we ensure your skill sets, strengths and qualities stand out.
- Personal profile - we develop a expertly written personal profile suited to your industry of no more than 300 words broken up into easy to read paragraphs.
- Keywords - we will research your industry and inset and highlight those your abilities and experience.
- Layout - we have many different CV templates with superb layouts, including coloured ones designed to show creativity and originality.
- Spelling - we check the spelling and grammar of all the text, if a employer spots any mistakes they are likely to bin a CV immediately.
- Format - You will be emailed 2 copies of your CV, one in PDF format, one as a word document.
- Length - we advise on its length, typically no more than 2 pages, very occasionally 3.
- Concise - we screen out irrelevant information & keep it punchy and to the point.
- Fonts - we select and use a tried and tested easy to read text font.
Our site was launched in 2004, provides FREE access to 100's of excellent CV templates, and attracts on average over 20,000 unique visitors every day. We have considerable experience in assisting job seekers in writing a CV or resume that highlights their key skill sets in a targeted manner. .
Registered office: The Big Peg, 120 Vyse Street, Birmingham. B18 6NF - Tel: 0121 638 0026
Registered in England & Wales under company number 5229833