There has never been a better time to enrol on a Medical Assistant course. This is because the health care industry is growing at a fast rate, partly due to people living longer which in turn means more people needing medical help.
These courses will train you to become a highly-skilled medical assistant who can help healthcare professionals with their clinical and administrative needs. They are very targeted programs of study that will only train you in those fields that you will actually use, and are suitable for anyone who has a strong desire to help other people. Typically these are one and two year courses where you will learn about clinical excellence, patient satisfaction and how to provide general nursing care to patients in a number of settings.
Questions YOU could be asked at a Medical Assistant school interview;
Interviews can be exciting and stressful, to give yourself the best chance of getting past them its advisable to practise as much as you can. Below is a list of the type of questions you can expect to be asked;
- What do you like most about being a Medical Assistant?
- Why do you want to study at our school?
- What do you know about being a Medical Assistant?
- In your opinion what does a Medical Assistant do?
- Do you have any experience of working with patients?
Questions to ask about a Medical Assistant course in California
- How do I apply for the course?
- How long does the course last?
- What is the deadline for applications?
- Do you offer any financial assistance?
- Who is the course accredited by?
- What are the fees?
At a Medical Assistant school you will learn about;
- Providing the highest quality care.
- General clerical duties and how to operate standard office equipment.
- Administering treatments under appropriate supervision.
- Collecting and recording a patients personal data such as; height, weight, temperature, pulse and blood pressure.
- Transporting patients around in wheelchairs.
- Professionally explaining procedures and treatments to patients.
- Prepare medical equipment.
- Observe safety procedures.
- Removing sutures and changing dressing.
- Providing age appropriate care to patients.
- Updating electronic medical records.
- Preparing patients for examination.
- Communicate with patients in person and over the telephone.
- Disposing of contaminated supplies.
- Properly handle medical equipment and instruments.
Medical Assistant curriculums will cover topics such as;
- Blood drawing
- First aid
- Giving injection
- Infection control
- Rooming patients
- Patient care
- Medical billing
- Medical insurance
- Medical terminology
Tips on finding a suitable a Medical Assistant school in California
- Remember that every school’s application and interview process is unique.
- Go for a course that teaches current and changing trends in health care.
Reasons to enrol on this course
- You can be trained in an accredited in some schools in a year, and then get on the job training after that.
- A professional role that you can be proud of.
- There are many different types of medical assistant jobs available, giving you lots of career choices.
- A rewarding field where you get to help people on a daily basis.
- It is a relatively easy field to enter.
Facts about California
Largest City: Los Angles
Size: 158,706 square miles
GDP: 1.813 trillion USD (2007)
- More people live there than in any other US state.
- Also known as The Golden State, The El Dorado State and The Grape State.
- It is the third largest state in America.
- Its official motto is Eureka! (I have found it).
- Death Valley National Park (the hottest place in the United States) is located in California.
More related schools
Medical Assistant schools in Miami
Medical Assistant schools in Florida
More US schools and colleges
Medical Assistant resume examples
Medical Assistant resumes
Medical Assistant resume 1
Medical Assistant resume 2
Medical Assistant resume 3
Student entry level Medical Assistant resume template
Medical Assistant cover letter examples
Medical Assistant cover letter example 1
Medical Assistant cover letter example 2
Medical Assistant cover letter example 3
Medical Assistant cover letter example 4
Medical Assistant cover letter example 5
Medical Assistant cover letter example 6
Medical Assistant cover letter example 7