Social media is at the forefront of creating online communities, and the ongoing media revolution. The term itself is used to describe online tools and websites which allow people to interact and engage with each other. Social media encourages the sharing of information, ideas and knowledge, and is essentially a set of communication channels for social interaction.
Social media encourages online users to;
Social Media platforms are superb portals for reaching more people, and therefore enhancing the visibility and performance of any online business. For the most part it is suitable for any industry or business sector. Although it is a non traditional medium where users choose to engage with you, it should still be viewed as a two-way conversation, and as such offers tremendous opportunities to engage with any target audience.
Social media training courses overview
These informative courses are designed to take you from a novice to expert in the quickest time possible. They are aimed firstly at giving attendees a comprehensive insight into how social media is transforming the business landscape, and secondly at showing students how to develop, execute and measure social media campaigns.
As a student you will get a superb introduction into the widespread influence of social media, and learn how it connects with people from all over the world. You will quickly and easily learn about its true potential, and will leave the course fully understanding how to use it to your benefit. Students will be taught how to set clear objectives, and use social media channels within a marketing campaign.
On a course you will learn how to harness the power of online marketing, and discover the skills and strategies that will help you to create a firm online presence. Another area that modules focus on is showing you how to integrate all the different platforms so that they compliment each other.
Programmes of study can be tailored to meet the needs of a student’s abilities, existing knowledge, lifestyle and budget.
Course content will be relevant, up to date, and will get you involved straight away. Classes are held in such a way that you will be able to ask questions as you go along, and they will give you the option of spending more time on those topics that you are having difficulty with.
You will learn about
Typical subjects taught on a social media course
- Brand engagement
- Content writing
- Content strategy
- Conversations through social media
- Conversion rate optimisation
- Etiquette in social media
- Google Analytics
- Hashtags and trending topics
- Interpreting results
- ‘Like’ campaigns
- Legalities of social media
- Mobile websites
- Online Marketing
- Online communities
- Online advertising campaigns
- Online PR
- Photo and video sharing
- Principles of social media
- Reputation management
- Social media strategies
- Social Networks
- Social media platforms
- Types of users
- Web visibility
- Watch competitors
How are social media training courses delivered?
Courses tend to be run in highly interactive small classes, at a pace that will suit the students (no matter what their current knowledge). Subject matter is hands on, and taught in a way that allows you to try out what you learn as you go along. Teaching is done through a combination of group discussions, dynamic presentations and reviewing case studies of good and bad examples. All of this will be done via the prism of the latest online tools and techniques.
Trainers are patients, committed and experienced professionals who are experts at educating a diverse audience. Many of them will be veterans of the digital marketing industry.
Why is social media important for companies?
- Helps them to engage with potential customers.
- Can promote a company brand.
- Allows businesses to quickly promote offers to a targeted audience.
- It can create new leads for your business.
- It can bring a company to the attention of industry experts and important decision makers.
You will learn how to
- Align your social media strategy against business objectives.
- Build your brand on social media platforms.
- Use social media monitoring and tracking tools.
- Use social media to engage with customers.
- Use social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Pintrest etc to promote your business.
- Manage a highly effective social media campaign.
- Integrate a social media campaign into areas such as product development, marketing and customer services.
- Develop online relationships.
- Drive more traffic to your website.
- Promote a product or service online.
- Identify the best social media platforms to use.
- Write keyword rich content and articles for your campaigns.
- Utilise user-generated content.
- Monitoring positive and negative online brand perceptions.
- Develop a search engine strategy.
- Capture what people are saying about you online.
- Participate positively in forum discussion.
- Writ blogs
- Add comments to other people blogs.
- Publish videos, audio or images on to the Web.
- Build momentum online.
You will learn about
- Integrating social media into your businesses' digital marketing strategy.
- The depth and breadth of social media.
- The technologies behind it.
- Humanising your brand.
- The latest developments and trends in social media.
- Building a fan base of customers on blogs and discussion groups etc.
- Sharing photos, videos, and audio material online.
- How social media can affect brands and businesses.
- The laws and legislation behind Social Media.
- How social media differs from traditional print and broadcast media.
- How existing companies are running successful social media campaigns.
- Building twitter lists.
- Growing a community on YouTube.
- Creating a ‘buzz’ on social media platforms.
- Measuring interactions across the various social media channels.
- The basics of social news sites
- Addressing negative feedback from customers.
Who is a social media training course suitable for
Courses are ideal for complete novices as well as seasoned professionals. Anyone who wishes to leverage the power of social media and increase their business performance online should seriously consider enrolling.
Questions to ask a Social Media training provider
- What is the average first time pass rate.
- Do they have any testimonials from satisfied students?
- Is all of the training material i.e. books and software provided for in the fee, or do you have to purchase them separate.
- Does the price include any exams or tests that you have to sit.
- Does the price include any certificate of completion.
- Is any free support provided once you have successfully completed the course?
- The total cost of the course.
- When do you have to pay the fee, up front or half no and half later?
- When will you get your certificate.
- How long has your company been running social media courses?
- What type of certificate will you get at the end, can you see an example of it, and is it accredited by any trade or recognized industry body?
- Where exactly will the course be held? (this question does not apply to online or distance learning courses).
- Will you have to take an examination to pass the course, if so how many exams will you have to sit.
- If you fail a test, then can you keep retaking it until you pass, if so is there an extra charge for every time you take a test?
- What is the average pass rate of students?
- Are there any grants available for this course, or discounts for students etc?
- How many people will there be in a class?
- What resources do you provide students?
- How do I register for a course?
Social Media resume examples
Social Media resume
Social Media Manager resume 1
Social Media Manager resume 2
Social Media Manager resume 3
Social Media cover letter example
Social Media cover letter
Related IT courses
Cisco training courses
IT training courses
Java training courses
SEO training course
Web Design training courses