120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
M: 0121 638 0026
A mission oriented team player and highly successful contract manager with a proven ability to establish and negotiate the contractual agreements of the company as well as developing innovative contracting approaches to achieve positive outcomes for users of services. Possessing a number of significant achievements in the effective recruitment, supervision, management and development of contracting and commissioning staff.
Presently looking for a acceptable managerial position with a reputable and forward thinking employer.
General Contractor Company
CONTRACT MANAGER – May 2008 – Present
In charge of building and managing the relationship and contracts between the company and it’s suppliers and vendors. Responsible for being the focal point for the treatment of all contractual issues and also involved in organising and controlling working relationships with these business partners.
- Working hard to reach resolutions and agreements with customers and suppliers.
- Negotiating and managing external and internal procurement and contracting arrangements.
- Identify procurement opportunities and ensuring these opportunities are evaluated and progressed.
- Clarifying goals with all interested parties.
- Evaluating the needs of customers and clients.
- Facilitating the re-negotiation of existing contracts.
- Managing invoices from generation to payment.
- Contributing to the business development of the company.
- Ensuring that personnel have access to all Company Policy & Procedure Documentation.
- Making sure that all procurement and contracting activities are carried out in accordance with legislation & company policy.
- Monitoring the performance of staff and holding appraisals.
- Supporting senior managers in the development of risk and policy documentation.
- Safeguarding the companies interests.
- Conducting investigations into any technical changes or contractual disputes.
- Define, maintain and improve the bid process of the Company.
- Managing contract staff.
- Monitoring contract budgets & forecasts.
- Providing expert advice to colleagues on any issues that may arise.
- Promoting equality of opportunity and diversity for all employees.
- Leading complex contractual negotiations.
- Making amendments to contractual documents.
- Overseeing and signing off the departmental invoices.
- Regularly monitoring the performance of contracted services to ensure services are effective.
- Ability to overview situations.
- Continuously monitoring activity, cost and performance.
- Making careful detailed plans.
- Able to prioritise and delegate tasks.
- Competently auditing practices and procedures.
- Capability to identify, manage & develop resources for maximum performance.
- Can work independently or as part of a team.
- Keeping abreast of new legislation, government policy, best practice.
- Able to deal professionally with all matters of discipline and grievance procedures.
- Ability to compile & analyse Key Performance Indicators.
- Having the capability to meet the changing demands of any job.
- Strong stakeholder management experience gained within a complex organization.
- Meet minimum height requirements.
- Highly capable in message formulation and communicating with customers.
- Ability to mine information from large data sets.
- Advanced skills in computing
- Acute attention to detail.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
estimating and pricing
Evesham University 2005 – 2008
BA (Hons) Business management
Coventry North College 2003 – 2005
A levels: Maths (C) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES – Available on request.