The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
Karen is a capable Cosmetologist who is ready to help make the world a more beautiful place. Her aim is to empower people by making them look and feel better about themselves. She is someone who is adaptable, willing to learn and has considerable knowledge in the field of esthetics. In her career she has worked in hair salons, barbershops, spas and resorts, and has extensive experience of providing her clients with hair styling, nail and skin care services. Despite having an outgoing and upbeat personality, she will always be professional in her dress, speech, and behaviour. Customers will always be her number one focus, and as a licensed Cosmetologist she is ready to work all shifts. Right now she is looking for a suitable position with an ambitious company that is going places.
COSMETOLOGY INSTRUCTOR – January 2010 – present
Employers name – Coventry
Responsible for providing guests with professional hair and nail services that exceed their expectations. Also in charge of creating a professional, respectful and fun environment for customers and for providing them with the highest levels of customer service.
- Providing customers with beauty services, such as shampooing, cutting, colouring, styling hair, massaging and scalp treatments.
- Building and maintaining good customer relationships.
- Fitting wigs, shampooing hair, cutting and styling hair, and shaving heads.
- Massaging faces and necks.
- Consulting with clients to confirm what they want.
- Reviewing the appointments schedule and being prepared for a client before they actually arrive.
- Shaping and colouring eyebrows or eyelashes.
- Stocking and filling shelves with products.
- Performing hair removal.
- Suggesting cosmetics for specific skin conditions.
- Maintaining a clean work environment.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and sanitary salon environment at all times.
- Taking payments from customers and utilizing a cash register.
- Engaging customers in conversation.
- Cleaning the work area after a client has left.
- Promoting a positive work environment.
- Cleaning, shaping and polishing fingernails and toenails.
TRAINEE MANAGER – May 2008 – January 2010
Employers name – Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 – May 2008
Employers name – Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Versed in all sanitation sterilization methods.
- Aware of the latest beauty trends.
- Effectively communicate with customers and co-workers.
- Comfortable and competent at make-up application.
- Can work well with their hands.
- Ability to remain composed under stressful situations.
- Dedicated to ongoing education.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Able to remain standing and walking around for long periods of time.
- Able to work a varying schedule that includes evenings, weekends, holidays, and extended hours.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Central Birmingham University – Cosmetology Degree 2003 – 2007
Aston College – HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.
More Cosmetologist resume examples
Cosmetologist resume 1
Cosmetologist resume 2
Cosmetologist resume 3