Event Managers professionally promote and deliver events such as conferences, meetings, exhibitions, product launches and award ceremonies. They can be involved in producing, planning, managing and execution of a portfolio of events both nationally and internationally. A successful Events Manager must be able to engage high level donors and understand all aspects of marketing to ensure that any events they organise attracts the targeted number of participants.
When building your Events Manager CV show that you can:
- Create and manage fundraising appeals.
- Produce compelling pitches to prospective clients.
- Carry out the on site management of events.
- Carry out a post event evaluation to determine any shortcomings.
- Upsell adds at events.
- Create event quotes, proposals, cost estimates.
- Meet budgeted income targets.
- Ensure maximum support from event donors and sponsors.
- Organising VIP receptions.
- Selecting appropriate venues for events.
- Make sure that events comply with health and safety regulations.
- Deputise for senior managers.
- Advise on potential areas for income growth.
- Organise briefings for fundraising purposes.
- Write up post event evaluation reports for senior managers.
- Deliver and demonstrate success to the rest of your team.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers.
- Organise suppliers, speakers and entertainers for an event.
Demonstrate that you are willing to:
- Work really hard to make a success of any event.
Show that you have:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of organising the catering for events.
- Experience of working alongside a chef to put together a menu.
- A can do attitude.
- Experience of line management.
Show that you are:
- Able to work on high profile jobs.
- Action orientated, dynamic and always on the go.
- Willing to take sole responsibility for the success of failure of any event you manage.
- A strong all-rounder and multi-tasker.
- Confident, articulate and outgoing in your dealings with other people.
- Able to come up with innovate ideas on how to market an event.
- A great, hands-on events professional.