Finance Directors oversee all financial aspects of a company’s operations. Apart from their financial duties they must also proactively manage their other managerial responsibilities and demonstrate behaviours that are consistent with their employers overall values.
When building your Finance Director CV show that you can:
- Provide accurate financial information to a company’s Chief Executive, its board and any other interested parties.
- Maintain good relationships with bankers and lenders.
- Make good financial resource allocation decisions.
- Present financial trends, results, and analysis to colleagues, audiences and key stakeholders.
- Prepare annual accounts.
- Provide end-to-end financial support across an organisation.
- Ensure that all relevant requirements of a company’s financial affairs are kept.
- Carry out financial analysis.
- Implement effective systems of accounting.
- Keep accurate financial records.
- Prepare detailed financial reports and statements.
- Establish cash controls.
- Effectively organise complex information.
- Ensure the timely preparation of management accounts.
- Create financial transparency throughout an organization.
- Manage cash flow within a company.
- Clearly communicate complex financial concepts or information to people from a non-financial background.
- Carry out staff performance reviews.
- Translate business strategy into financial targets.
- Interpret financial information.
- Micromanage financial risks.
- Manage cross functional teams.
Demonstrate that you are willing to:
- Be responsible for the integrity of any financial information produced.
- Set an example for others and do as you would want others to do.
- Facilitate decision making within a company structure.
Show that you have:
- A successful track record of supervising and leading a diverse financial team.
- Experience of working at the very top of an organisation.
- A ‘willing to do anything it takes’ attitude towards getting things done.
- Good decision making skills.
- Excellent judgement.
- Experience of budget preparations, financial forecasting, financial risk management and accounts preparation.
- The ability to set targets.
- A track record of building high performance tams.
- Professional appearance and work ethic.
- A deep understanding of finance, cost management, asset management, and business risk analysis.
Show that you are:
- Able to influence business decision making at the highest levels.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Not afraid to make tough decisions.
- Able to work in an environment of constant interruptions.
- Always smartly dressed and professional in your appearance.
- Willing to take on increasing levels of responsibility.