Get a CV in 5 minutes with our CV Builder
It’s easy to use and you get access to lots of professional content to add.
Doctor CV template:
Address line 1
Address line 2
T: 0121 638 00265
M: 0121 638 0026
E: alan.h@made up email.com
A trusted, patient focused and experienced locum doctor with a long history of serving patients by successfully diagnosing, treating and also managing their illnesses and diseases. Easy going by nature and able to get along with other healthcare professionals and also senior managers. Experience of working normal surgery hours and also providing out of hours and weekend cover. Looking for and willing to consider suitable positions in either the private sector or NHS.
DOCTOR / GENERAL PRACTITIONER – Surgery name
August 2008 – present
Working in a busy community surgery providing primary medical care to patients from the local community by way of surgeries, clinics and home visits.
- Investigating and diagnosing sick and injured patients on their ailments and then arranging appropriate treatments for them.
- Updating and maintaining accurate patient records.
- Advising patients on health education matters.
- Supervising other administrative and junior healthcare staff.
- Learning about the medical history of a patient to ensure they have no allergies etc.
- If necessary referring patients to hospitals or specialist clinics for further investigation.
- Planning staffing duties and rota’s for medical staff.
- Prescribing medical prescriptions to patients.
- Involved in the day to day running the practice.
- Organising specialist neonatal clinics for pregnant mother, diabetes, health eating etc.
- Examining patients physically and doing so taking cultural and social sensitivities into consideration.
- Ensuring a safe work environment for the patients and staff.
- Giving appropriate health education and advice to patients and carers’ to enable
- Ensuring co-ordination and delivery of all work activities within area of responsibility.
HOSPITAL DOCTOR – Hospital Trust name
July 2006 – August 2008
Over a period of time working in a fast paced and busy hospital environment, dealing with medical emergencies as they occurred.
- Work in the accident and emergency ward.
- Assessing newly admitted patients.
- Looking after patient under my care who are on wards.
- Working as part of a team liaising with nurses, registrars and other healthcare professionals.
- Monitoring and advising medical students and other junior doctors.
- Previous accident and emergency (A&E) medicine experience.
- Able to deal sympathetically with sensitive circumstances.
- Keeping up to date with the latest treatments, medicines and medical developments.
- Experience of providing care to patients on hospital wards, outpatient clinics and also doctors surgeries.
- Assisted in the operating theaters in surgical operations.
- A willingness to accept responsibility.
- Experience of working in a pressurized environment.
- Ability to work long and unsociable hours.
- Experience of teaching at medical schools.
- Excellent team leading, administrative and organizational skills.
- Experience of the day to day management of a busy doctors practice surgery.
- Setting the surgery / practice budget.
- Dealing with patient complaints about the quality of service of the practice.
- Arranging the cleaning, security, and health and safety of the surgery.
- Experience of recruiting receptionists and medical records staff.
- Able to lead and motivate staff.
- Ability to prioritize work loads during busy periods.
- Controlling multiple projects at the same time.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
MB BS Honors – Medicine & Surgery – Leicester University
REFERENCES – available on request.
Mobility – Full driving license
Marital status: Single
APPLICANT TRACKING SYSTEMS AND HOW TO BEAT THEM
Use the infographic below as a guide on how to get past these automated guard dogs.