Helping people to achieve a healthier lifestyle is what Fitness Instructor training is all about. These courses provides exciting, relevant and high quality training to individuals who have a lively and enquiring mind and who want to study a programme that is both active and enjoyable. This course is a convenient route to obtaining accredited Fitness Instructor certification.
Fitness Instructor training courses overview
Programmes consist of a set number of modules which will not only give you a recognised personal training qualification, but also provide all the necessary real world skills needed to start your career. During the course you will learn how to train individuals and groups (both indoors and outdoors), show people how to burn their fat and get them in the best shape of their life’s. You will also be taught how to launch your career as an all-round Fitness Instructor and exercise specialist. All of this will be done through an innovative, affordable and high quality learning program that will provide you with practical and cutting-edge knowledge which will keep you at the head of this exciting field.
Lectures will focus on the development of gym-based skills and key areas such as helping clients to shed unwanted body fat in the shortest time possible. Modules include coursework outside of the classroom, such as homework elements and assignments which must be completed in your own time. Syllabuses can give students the opportunity to repeat as many subjects or re-take as many exams as are required in order to successfully complete the course.
The courses primarily aim is to ensure that you are a competent personal trainer within any gym setting. You will leave the course with the skills needed to bring about improvements in a client’s physical fitness and general health. At the end of the course you will graduate with an industry-leading fitness qualifications that can help you launch your career in a booming industry that is both financially and emotionally rewarding.
You will be taught by highly qualified and experienced personal training tutors who will offer all of the guidance and support you need during your studies. You will get maximum results under the supervision of the most qualified trainers. These are teachers who love passing on their knowledge and experiences to a new generations of fitness professionals. They can also be contacted at any time for help and support regarding matters such as fees, assessment dates and assessment locations.
Typical subjects taught on a Fitness Instructor course
- Advanced First Aid
- Agility Training
- Boot Camps
- Business Planning
- Cardiovascular conditioning
- Cardiovascular Equipment
- Circuit Training
- Demonstrating Equipment
- Exercising to Music
- Exercise Referral
- Fitness Assessment
- Fitness Instructing
- Fitness Testing
- Fitness Workouts
- Fixed and Free Weights
- Group Fitness
- Gym Based Boxing
- Gym Instructing
- High Intensity Training
- Leisure activities
- Lifestyle Assessments
- Motor Skills Training
- Nutrition for Physical Activity
- Obesity Management
- Outdoor Training
- Pad Work
- Personal Training
- Plyometric Exercise
- Power Lifting
- Resistance Machines
- Running Techniques
- Sports Coaching
- Sports Nutrition
- Studio Cycling
- Suspension Fitness
- Venue Administration
- Weight Loss
- Weight Training
You will learn how to
- Sell your services as a Fitness Training Instructor.
- Work effectively in a gym environment.
- Give gym inductions.
- Show clients how to use exercise machines, equipment and free weights properly.
- Develop and write up basic exercise programmes.
- Design, manage, and adapt a personal training programme.
- Work with clients on a one to one basis or as part of a group.
- Provide friendly, energetic, motivating and supportive instruction to clients.
- Ensure client safety before, during and after training sessions.
- Update client record cards both manually and using computerised systems.
- Undertake routine maintenance of fitness equipment.
- Measure and assess blood pressure, heart recovery rate, body fat ratio.
- Motivate and encourage individuals.
- Deliver safe and effective non-music based group training sessions.
You will learn about
- Offering one to one training.
- Giving advice on nutritional matters.
- The heart and circulatory system.
- The musculoskeletal system.
- Postural and core stability.
- The nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health.
- Giving clients constructive feedback on their performance.
- Assessing personal training needs and making recommendations.
- Leading group exercise classes such as circuit training and aerobics.
- Designing and advising on dietary programmes.
- Maintaining professional relationships with clients.
Who is a Fitness Instructor training course suitable for?
These courses are ideal for anyone who has a passion for sports, health and fitness, which they want to combine with a career in the same industry.